uneven knuckles

T

TapOutGrapler

Ok guys. I'm a right hander and the knuckles on my left hand are bigger and "sharper" than my right knuckles whic are not as pointy and flat. I've been breaking boards with my right hand and tend to punch random things at 30-70% power when I'm bored (trees, desks, walls, things that dont break) with my right hand. Maybe all that striking displaced some of the calcium Im trying to build? Plus, when I was in training in Goju a few years ago, My instructor made us do knuckle push ups on the cement flooring (we trained in the national guard warehouse) and I might have placed too much weight on my right hand sometimes. Im only 14 and maybe i need some more years in for the calcium to deposit in my right hand? I switched to southpaw stance for a little while.

Is there any leginimate way to fix this? Or should I just wait a few years while Im growing to start building it up again?

P.S. I don't even know what I'm talking about. :redface:

First, You need to quit acting like an idiot and stop punching randowm objects. It will not make you a better fighter...if anything, you could get seriously hurt sooner or later. Secondly, the size of your knuckles has very little (more like nothing) to do with your ability to deliver a solid punch. Try to focus on learning proper technique and quit worrrying about your knuckles.

First, You need to quit acting like an idiot and stop punching random objects. It will not make you a better fighter...if anything, you could get seriously hurt sooner or later. Secondly, the size of your knuckles has very little (more like nothing) to do with your ability to deliver a solid punch. Try to focus on learning proper technique and quit worrrying about your knuckles.

Don't hit solid stuff like trees and desks... life isn't a cartoon and it does more damage than good. If you really want to be a Dragon Ball Z character by punching solid stuff but want to be able to use your hands for the rest of your life, then fold a towel up and tape it to the wall and have at it (however I only recommend say 5 punches on each hand once a day at medium power).

Anyway back to your question. I'm not a doctor and cannot give you a diagnosis, especially on the internet, but I will tell you to be careful with conditioning at a young age. You are still growing you can cause irreparable damage to your body when doing your own conditioning exercises (at least that

ya i guess I'll stop being an idiot and find somethign better to do while I'm bored. I'll go see a doctor and get a professional opinion, thanks guys.

jesus christ man that is the dumbest shit i have ever read.

When I read that you were only 14, I stopped reading. Why? Because you don't know what you're talking about.. and neither do I because I'm only 17.

LOL
The dumb thing people worry about. i cannot believe he is comtenplating going to the doctor for this

TapOutGrapler said:
ya i guess I'll stop being an idiot and find somethign better to do while I'm bored. I'll go see a doctor and get a professional opinion, thanks guys.

dont go to a doctor. quit bitchin, my knucks are on the right hand are fucked up too. when i was young and stupid when i got mad i would hit things, brick walls mostly at lk 70%. when i was drunk i would do it as hard as i could when i got mad. i thought i was sooo cool, then i broke two fingers and fucked up my wrist. get a punchin bag is what you need to do. uneven knucks have nothin to do with how you punch.

LOL, I dindn't realize it was that stupid. Before i even posted it, I little voice in my head said " You know your gonna get flamed." This was stupid topic and it's probably been discussed before. Hell, it was just one of those little things thats always in the back of my mind. Always known sherdoggers could get me the answer i needed, and always make it funny in the end.

The only good thing about thinking my left knucks could do more damage than my right- is being able to switch to southpaw and be almost as good at it as a regular stance.

I'm sure it's not a problem. The knuckles in my left hand are a little bigger than my right ones. And I'm 16 (17 in an hour and 3 minutes), and I take really good care of my hands. I never hit a bag without gloves and wraps. Take care of your hands though.

Iceman5592 said:
I'm sure it's not a problem. The knuckles in my left hand are a little bigger than my right ones. And I'm 16 (17 in an hour and 3 minutes), and I take really good care of my hands. I never hit a bag without gloves and wraps. Take care of your hands though.

I agree, and happy B-day!

Your knuckles will flatten out if you hit things without protecting your hands with gloves.

That being said, its not really a bad thing. Old school karate guys and people that do a lot of breaking tend to have flat fists.

It might have some negative effects on you in your old age but it won't hurt your fighting. Infact, I'd bet it would make your hands tougher and harder to injure.

If you're just worried about the cosmetics of it, quit training and take up golf.

Nothing you can do about bony knuckles...it's your genes. I have the same problem. The only thing bad about this is you are more susceptible to breaking your hand than someone with flat,beefy knuckles.

My advice to you is DO NOT hit hard things to condition your knuckles. This is simply dumb....you'll get calcium deposits and end up with arthritis and deformed hands.

ALWAYS wrap your hands............ALWAYS.

Lastly, if you insist on conditioning your knuckles, do it on a heavy bag with no wraps with only half power.

Back