Understanding why Conor's card (UFC 229) isn't going to be "stacked"

Personality wise or skill wise?

As a fighter, he's obviously very young and still learning, but he shows a lot of promise.

He says Conor is his favorite fighter and that he watches nothing but Conor and tries to emulate his style after Conors.

You can see the influence in O'Malley's style.

O'Malley is a tall long fighter who has the karate stance yet is more about boxing. It reminds me of when Cujudo changed his stance, outlook, priorities, and became a totally different fighter

O'Malley has the left high kick and when fighters start to become concerned with blocking the high kick, he pumps the left straight. He alternates.

He has shown a good penchant for countering

Kid has a lot of promise

However personality wise he still has a lot more to work on.

I personally don't like that he's trying to make his shtick about weed. Thats not going to sell. Potheads are so niche and it's so outdated and overplayed now

But once O'Malley starts to mature, I think he can get there personality wise. I would like for him to embrace his unique or quirky traits

I don't think its a schtick. I know dudes like Sean. They literally let their entire personalities be defined by weed. And its lame as fuck, and somewhat embarrassing to see as an adult.

Back