Underground Fight Club of 1996 to modern UFC...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Goddamn! Its been one hell of an evolution man! This used to be the 90s style UFC tryouts! Dudes and the camera quality looking like King the hill but fights were insane! Guys had BALLS bro!

Fight took place in an abandoned ice cream store in some crazy ghost towns. During the Dave Menne days of him being the champ and when Philip Miller was undefeated and Mark Weir was a contender, you had these guys coming up.

I was expecting some super sloppy brawls but this is way better than I expected. Movie fight club came in 1999, this went down in 1996:

Black guy tried like a kung fu sweeping kick thing against ponytail mohawk man. They just left the loser behind, too.

if you're in a fight, the last thing you wanna hear is "don't be afraid to tap man"

also, at 2:42 it looks like he's trying to slam his foot into his ass looool

200.gif

Black guy tried like a kung fu sweeping kick thing against ponytail mohawk man. They just left the loser behind, too.

True, different breed of human beings though. Although the dude was too fatigued and probably wanted to leave ASAP. No doctors or anything.

if you're in a fight, the last thing you wanna hear is "don't be afraid to tap man"

also, at 2:42 it looks like he's trying to slam his foot into his ass looool

I missed that, but pretty savage since its no rules.

And they still better than some ufc fighters.

Funny thing is, your not wrong.

I was looking for some obscure sambo matches since Sunday is my sambo days. Randomly found this video.

True, different breed of human beings though. Although the dude was too fatigued and probably wanted to leave ASAP. No doctors or anything.

I missed that, but pretty savage since its no rules.

Funny thing is, your not wrong.

I was looking for some obscure sambo matches since Sunday is my sambo days. Randomly found this video.
Way before of mma people beat the shit out of each other in other disciplines, these guys comes probably from there.

Fighting is such a perfect thing, almost any and every permutation of it is highly entertaining, whether it's the big leagues or bare bones

Those guys actually had more skills than 90% of UFC guys in 1996. A lot of the UFC guys back then though were just huge fat guys.. that would have had a massive weight advantage over those guys. And probably would have won because of that. UFC was openweight back then so..

Way before of mma people beat the shit out of each other in other disciplines, these guys comes probably from there.

True, black guy seemed like he was using kung fu and the other guy a mix of shootfighting.

Fighting is such a perfect thing, almost any and every permutation of it is highly entertaining, whether it's the big leagues or bare bones

Amen to that. It's human nature and very captivating to watch.

Looks like something out of Mad TV or some shit lmao

True, looked like king of the hill to me. Camera guy was on acid.

<{cruzshake}>
Funny thing is, he is wrong

No he is not. These guys didn't have the proper space to execute their technique as best as possible.

Those guys actually had more skills than 90% of UFC guys in 1996. A lot of the UFC guys back then though were just huge fat guys.. that would have had a massive weight advantage over those guys. And probably would have won because of that. UFC was openweight back then so..

I think it was the Gracies making sure the best guys don't get in. Oleg taktarov was a great sambo guy but a part time fighter. Guys like gokor chivichiyan and Ron Tripp were full time fighters but they never got invited.

marked for tomorrow!

As a catch wrestler you will like some of the ground stuff.

its called a dragon tail. chris clemments hit one on wonderboy in the ufc.

ShadyEnviousAmericanalligator-size_restricted.gif

Martial Law special son(tekken)
SadUnnaturalHorsechestnutleafminer-size_restricted.gif

Woke up early for the moscow card, and this post has set a great tone for the day lol kudos

That's a damn good move and props for having the balls to attempt it at that level of MMA.

White guy actually wasn't bad. Solid kicks, solid power, decent top game, and that reverse to mount at the end was textbook.

White guy actually wasn't bad. Solid kicks, solid power, decent top game, and that reverse to mount at the end was textbook.

It was a good fight because I was expecting some super sloppy brawling.

...and I was just thinking to myself earlier today, "I wonder why nobody does sweep kicks in the UFC?"

Its crazy that this was before the movie!

Back