Unbelievable white privilege article in Newsday...

lol at the implication that there were no "black" movies before Black Panther.

ITs not fucking Roots. Its a superhero movie with a stupid angle to cash in on white guilt.

OOO there's been plenty...Hell I think there were way more in the 90s and early 2000s compared to now...but lets be honest, the big office movies, just cast whites because they sell more.

Also I was talking much more about Asian/Latinos lack of representation in hollywood.

what you arent seeing is minorities have extended the olive branch to middle and low class white people. we just want acknowledgement of the advantages this system inherently has had in place.

we arent talking thousands of years ago. we are talking civil rights movement and beyond. Very recent history.

Your failure to acknowledge it even on a basic level is music to the elites ears. You have it bad, yes but it seems because of that you dont want to even think there could be worse than being a poor white man. Even tho every stat will say its worse being a poor black man lol

how can we ever work together?? how can we ever change this??
Lol. Still at it, eh?

You're blinded by "us and them" outlook. Here you are, not knowing shit about me yet passing judgement nonetheless. Why? Because I suggested your issue is with class divide. Good stuff.

Straight to dvd comedy.....

Yeah, Im sure people are so normalized to see blacks..thats why they freaked out when that storm trooper was black lololololol.

81a286f7e98539448b2fa7e0e5c4c0f8.jpg

8c1dca1992821d8049086c452ce68e47.jpg

Martin-Lawrence-martin-lawrence-22594537-1908-2560.jpg

Oh Christ. Nothing worse than a self hating white trying to convince American blacks (not Hispanics, Asians, east Indians, Nigerians...you know...other minorities) that white privilege is to blame for their failures.

I'm not self hating, im just not ignorant.

OMG 1 movie with Black people...I wonder why they made a big deal out of it? Hmmmm, maybe it's because it was a combo breaker for all the white movies?

Also it's hilarious how Asian,Middle easterns, and latinos get like no movies lol.

You know Goater, there's been tons of black movies... they just aren't always block busters, there have also been a decent number of prominent black actors through out the years.

But you are right, Asians and Middle Easterners really get the shaft in hollywood... so do Scandanavians, Eskimos, and Australians.

Perhaps you should take your outrage to Bollywood, or Nollywood and start advocating diversity there as well. In fact all populations should be forced to have a 100% equal rate of diversity with no regard for the source material or the economics at play.

Bruce Wayne, he needs to be a Pakistani man in the next iteration.

Super Man, I feel like he's a Moroccan now.

Black Panther, Only right that he's Laotian, they really have never gotten their do.

And yet...they freaked out.

Also I was referring more to Asians/Latinos being under represented...and Whites having the biggest roles in hollywood.

First world problems, eh...? Waaaaa... more whites are featured in Hollywood than blacks. Waaaaaa....!!!!!

Seems they're represented about equal to their population size. Same for Asians, Hispanics, Indians, etc... They just don't bitch incessantly

exactly and you think that equality has been mitigated??? You think when Slavery ended the repercussions went with it, immediately?? You think racism died, too??

its interesting. Completely absurd, but interesting that people think this way. You seem to have no clue how lucky you are to be born somewhere where your chances are so much better. To educated parents who could own land, businesses, get government grants and have politicans that represent their interests leading. You dont want to acknowledge that because you feel it takes away from your accomplishments, but it doesnt. It just shows that you have some empathy. You would be a completely different person if born under difference circumstances.

Its like how white people dont realize how subtle racism is, how deep rooted. How much it can affect your prospects for anything.

I know most of you dont mind making stereotypes or jokes about black people around here. Then say you arent racist. Its subtle, to make people feel uncomfortable, less than, intimidated. Behind closed doors i bet the majority of you guys say or hear racist jokes/comments and dont say shit.

Most of you wont admit that, tho. It just shows you how deep rooted it all is.

This is like the fourth consecuti e replied where you've dodged the initial question, and strawman'ed what I was stating. You simply do not want to address the initial point, so further discussion likely wont lead anywhere. Guess I'll just have to disagree, and leave it at that.

The way the article writer backdoors establishing the idea of white privilege wtih:

"If you are a white person in America, you were born privileged. That’s just a fact.

It’s nothing to be ashamed of. It’s not anybody’s fault. There’s no need to get defensive about it.

The best thing to do is just acknowledge it."

As if everything will be okay once this notion is established as fact. Everything will be okay. Even the white tax will be okay. Or the taking of property - just ask white South African farmers.

Racism against whites. But it's nothing to worry about. Especially when the state sanctions it.

Suuuuuuurrrreee.

This is like the fourth consecuti e replied where you've dodged the initial question, and strawman'ed what I was stating. You simply do not want to address the initial point, so further discussion likely wont lead anywhere. Guess I'll just have to disagree, and leave it at that.

i dont answer stupid questions, sorry brother. better luck next time.

The way the article writer backdoors establishing the idea of white privilege wtih:

"If you are a white person in America, you were born privileged. That’s just a fact.

It’s nothing to be ashamed of. It’s not anybody’s fault. There’s no need to get defensive about it.

The best thing to do is just acknowledge it."

As if everything will be okay once this notion is established as fact. Everything will be okay. Even the white tax will be okay. Or the taking of property - just ask white South African farmers.

Racism against whites. But it's nothing to worry about. Especially when the state sanctions it.

Suuuuuuurrrreee.

It is the application of collective guilt as a strategy and method of promoting race conflict. Collective guilt is a powerful manipulation method and has been used repeatedly throughout history.

I met an Australian actor once on the set of a show. I didn't realize he was Australian at the time because he spoke in a perfect American accent while performing all his lines.

So while were talking it was a bit of a shock that he had this heavy Australian accent... so naturally I asked how he managed to learn an American accent so well.

He replied simply.

"Because if I didn't I wouldn't get work."

In other words, roles for Australian accents in Hollywood are not plentiful so he has to fake an American accent to work.

Goater... you should be OUTRAGED by this terrible fact. lmao

Back