UK Middleweight Tourn

Matt Boy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The UK has an incredible Pool of MW's I'd love to see a sort of Super 6's Tournament between

Darren Barker
Matt Macklin
Martin Murray
BJ Saunders
John Ryder
Eubank Jnr

Would be some amazing fights there for guys at different stages of their careers,

I think Barker would win and this could fast track him to a world title fight,

Thoughts?

World title? As in gettin fucked up by Martinez again?

There are some fun fights these guys could have but it will depend on the cash.

Did you watch the fight? Barker broke Martinez' nose and was winning until the 8-9th...

Martinez is p4p ranked and will be best MW for a while nobody can beat him atm.

But geale and quillin are their for the taking.

Eubank Jr's progress over the next 12 months is going to be very interesting. and id love to see Murray v Barker

hell, why not do the tourney

Did you watch the fight? Barker broke Martinez' nose and was winning until the 8-9th...

Martinez is p4p ranked and will be best MW for a while nobody can beat him atm.

But geale and quillin are their for the taking.

Did I watch the fight? :rolleyes:

Barker wouldn't win a rematch.

And to me champ means champ. If you mean could he beat a beltholder, of course.

I'm not saying Barker would beat martinez

"Martinez is p4p ranked and will be best MW for a while nobody can beat him atm."

And I don't care what you think if you hold any belt your a champ, Southern Area champ is a champ...

You said world title fight. Martinez is the only opponent for that.

Dude are you joking? I don't think you understand the quiet simple concept of being world champion. So we'll leave this convo here.

Dude are you joking? I don't think you understand the quiet simple concept of being world champion. So we'll leave this convo here.

Joking about what? Should we be whispering about this quiet concept?

I said there are fun fights to be made at the right price but that if barker gets a crack at current Martinez he won't win. I dont know why you think I'm arguing with you because I agreed with you.

Martinez is the MW world champ. That's a simple one right there. Anyone wants to call themselves world champ at middleweight who isn't Sergio Martinez is talking shit, simple enough?

a tournament isn't going to fast track barker it'll take years to complete and is too risky, Martinez is what 37 now?....but it would be fun though

would love to see saunders vs eubank. i think saunders would beat him quite easily.

barker vs macklin or murray would be great aswell. one of these guys should be a world champion by now but they all keep chosing the martinez route which is the hardest

i think barker is going to fight geale soon. would back barker tbh

The UK has an incredible Pool of MW's I'd love to see a sort of Super 6's Tournament between

Darren Barker
Matt Macklin
Martin Murray
BJ Saunders
John Ryder
Eubank Jnr

Would be some amazing fights there for guys at different stages of their careers,

I think Barker would win and this could fast track him to a world title fight,

Thoughts?

The last 3 on that list aren't ready for the top 3, and the top 3 on that list aren't good enough to beat Martinez.

There are some potential good future contenders in that list, imo this does them no good, way too early in their careers. (at least for some anyway)

Some good fights to be made there, and it would establish the UK/Irish number 1, I'd throw Andy Lee and possibly even Fitzgerald into the mix (though I think Lee beats Fitz within 6 in February). Barker gets smashed again though if he steps up to world level imo.

Back