Social (UK)Growing number of men reporting domestic violence to police, ONS figures reveal

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Record numbers of men are reporting domestic abuse by their partners to police - as the proportion of women victims turning to police has fallen, official figures have revealed.

The proportion of male victims who told police about their domestic abuse increased from 10.4% in 2014-15 to 14.7% this year as charities said more men were shaking off the stigma of talking about their suffering.

However, the figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) showed it coincided with a sharp drop in the proportion of women victims reporting their abuse to police, down from 25.8% to 18.4% over the same period.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...porting-domestic-violence-police-ons-figures/

@SalvadorAllende

I think it's less "shaking off the stigma" and more "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"

lol pussies

I think it's less "shaking off the stigma" and more "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"

And I got mocked for suggesting "Rachel's husband could be the abusee & his action was intended for self defense" as a possibility.

I think it goes beyond that.

in todays society it seems he (or she) who reports first gets the weight of the law behind them.

I think many guys don't feel at physical threat by their women and many woman have got physical when they got mad in the past and guys just shrugged it off. But now the gal could lash out 20 times, the guy laugh it off and ignore it, but he lashes back the 20th time and finds himself in the court.

Better to go report it as a guy to protect yourself from a future accusation real or not.

Bet defense = good offense.

I think it goes beyond that.

in todays society it seems he (or she) who reports first gets the weight of the law behind them.

I think many guys don't feel at physical threat by their women and many woman have got physical when they got mad in the past and guys just shrugged it off. But now the gal could lash out 20 times, the guy laugh it off and ignore it, but he lashes back the 20th time and finds himself in the court.

Better to go report it as a guy to protect yourself from a future accusation real or not.

Bet defense = good offense.
I wrote a cliche quote instead of explaining my thoughts exactly. I agree that most guys shrug it off and I have myself in the past. What I wanted to say was that nowadays with all the man hating and demonizing that now those men (including me) aren't going shrug it off and aren't going to let them get away with the hypocrisy.

Good. Men being in abusive relationships is not uncommon, but many refuse or delay in reporting until it is too late.

Why?

I wrote a cliche quote instead of explaining my thoughts exactly. I agree that most guys shrug it off and I have myself in the past. What I wanted to say was that nowadays with all the man hating and demonizing that now those men (including me) aren't going shrug it off and aren't going to let them get away with the hypocrisy.
ya, here is a real world example that is a good parallel.

I have one lawyer who is also a friend. About 3 weeks ago he was telling me about a bitter ex client, who was showing up at this condo and office and trying to confront him. He has told security at both he had no interest in talking to this guy.

I told him he should file a police report. Because I know this guy too and he is squirrely crazy type. He gets hyper, in your face and agitated. And i know the lawyer and he might push or punch him if he gets in his face. This guy would then run right to the cops to try and get him in trouble and/or disbarred.

So I told my friend (the lawyer) that he should file a police report and consider a restraining order and why I thought that. He agreed and said that even as a lawyer sometimes when it involves you personally you don't see it.

But the best defense this lawyer would ever have from a future conflict is some offense in the form of a police report saying he is being harassed first.

Remember that chick that stabbed her ex and then she took a selfie?

Not surprising, since cucks are becoming the rule in Europe.

While there are more than 3,600 beds in safe houses for women, there are only 20 for men in the whole of England.

Just over one in 25 men (4.2%) of men said they had suffered domestic abuse - which includes violence, a similar level to the previous year. The proportion of women who experienced domestic abuse rose slightly from 7.5% to 7.9%.

'Dat patriarchy at work, folks.

A third of victims are men, yet have less than 1% of the refuge beds available to them.

I think it ought to be pointed out that a great deal of spousal abuse is not physical. Psychological abuse is just as damaging to someone (in a way) and much harder to get a grip on and report for both sexes.

We're all victims nowadays , the mental torture Mrs No Mates puts me through........

Not a shock.
I work in a hospital and in the ED for a few years; men would come in bruised up, and they had to take it because "you can't hit a woman".

Which is horseshit. A woman hits me, I won't hold back too much.

Back