Law (UK) Conservative MP assassinated in his own offic

RIP to this dude. Fucking crazy that some whack job was able to just walk into his office and stab him to death. Really disturbing.

Also found it really sad that, as I was scrolling some of the comments on Facebook and Twitter about this, I noticed so many felt the need to preface their sympathetic messages with some political statement. "Politics aside...", "I may not agree with him politically, but...", "I hate the Conservatives, but..."

It just shows that small brain, tribal chimp mentality that permeates so much of our society where we can't just express sympathy that a human being was brutally murdered at his place of work without prefacing the fact that - my god - we didn't fully agree with the victim politically. Fuckin idiots.

Because in England and most of Western Europe, no one expects their elected officials to be physically harmed. These are high trust societies, liberal and relatively easy going.

RIP to this dude. Fucking crazy that some whack job was able to just walk into his office and stab him to death. Really disturbing.

Also found it really sad that, as I was scrolling some of the comments on Facebook and Twitter about this, I noticed so many felt the need to preface their sympathetic messages with some political statement. "Politics aside...", "I may not agree with him politically, but...", "I hate the Conservatives, but..."

It just shows that small brain, tribal chimp mentality that permeates so much of our society where we can't just express sympathy that a human being was brutally murdered at his place of work without prefacing the fact that - my god - we didn't fully agree with the victim politically. Fuckin idiots.

It doesn’t really though does it. They are literally going against the tribal ‘chimp’ mentality, as you put it, to extend their condolences

Update: There may be police protection for MPs at their constituency surgeries in the future. Can't wait to see the haggling over that budget.​

Haggling? I doubt there will be any of that. No expense will be spared. The political class look out for their own

It doesn’t really though does it. They are literally going against the tribal ‘chimp’ mentality, as you put it, to extend their condolences

Haggling? I doubt there will be any of that. No expense will be spared. The political class look out for their own

Word on that. The COP26 circle jerk in Glasgow is costing around £200 million in security. This includes 10,000 police, many of them armed, on duty every single day of the conference. Of course, that leaves huge areas of the UK wide open to terrorist attack, but that's a sacrifice our politicians and police are willing to make.:rolleyes:

Not really. Not acknowledging it as a tragedy would be considered extreme and would have you ostracized by both sides. The need to qualify that you disagree with the murdered man IS chimp mentality.

Religon (some religons) are detrimental to humanity as a whole, even if they can be beneficial to certain groups. It's a bit like trajedy-of-the-commons, where a certain behavior is beneficial to an individual but detrimental to society as a whole.

A certain amount of religion is undeniably beneficial. When taken to the extreme though, it becomes massively detrimental.

UK police have had their numbers and budgets slashed to the bone for years. The Metropolitan Police alone have lost 20,000 officers in the last decade. Across the entire UK, both response times and the number of crimes that actually make it to court are pitiful.

Police should tell politicians,

"This is the world you created. You cut our numbers to the point we cannot perform our core duties: the prevention and detection of crime. And when we complained about it, you accused us of scare-mongering and told us to do more with less.

You lowered the standards to the point where many of our new recruits cannot protect themselves, much less the public. You refuse to allow our officers the ability to protect themselves by carrying firearms. Now you want us to add to our already unbearable workload by providing armed close protection teams for every MP?

Off you fuck!":rolleyes:
I like how they can investigate mean words on the interwebz and always have 5 or 6 cops available to harass shop keeps who were trying to stay open and survive but when it comes to real crime they don’t have enough officers.

I swear the world is getting crazier by the day. It used to be that when a government would try to push through some kind of authoritarian legislation in the wake of a tragic event (e.g. the PATRIOT act) there would be at least some kind of connection to the event that just took place. But here a guy walks in and fuckin stabs an MP and UK politicians are trying to use it to ban anonymity on social media. Wtf? "David's law" are you fuckin kidding me?

Governments across the world are seemingly not even bothering to come up with plausible excuses for the policies they enact. Like in the States how apparently the IRS is gonna monitor every bank account that has more than $600 going in or out of it and they tell you it's to crack down on billionaires. And of course the vaccine mandates. The fact that they feel they don't even have to give a coherent explanation concerns me for what might be coming in the next few months/years.

I swear the world is getting crazier by the day. It used to be that when a government would try to push through some kind of authoritarian legislation in the wake of a tragic event (e.g. the PATRIOT act) there would be at least some kind of connection to the event that just took place. But here a guy walks in and fuckin stabs an MP and UK politicians are trying to use it to ban anonymity on social media. Wtf? "David's law" are you fuckin kidding me?

Governments across the world are seemingly not even bothering to come up with plausible excuses for the policies they enact. Like in the States how apparently the IRS is gonna monitor every bank account that has more than $600 going in or out of it and they tell you it's to crack down on billionaires. And of course the vaccine mandates. The fact that they feel they don't even have to give a coherent explanation concerns me for what might be coming in the next few months/years.

the blame game is fucking retarded

I was seeing those ‘David’s law’ reports, too. They put that poor MP’s name on it in order to make it harder to go against. ‘I’m against David’s law’ isn’t something a politician wants to say. What they’re proposing is batshit. It doesn’t, as far as I know, prevent what just happened, when some creepy fuck stabs someone. And even if it did, it’s not the right move.

These politicians want laws to protect them. Special laws. No. Stop.

I like how they can investigate mean words on the interwebz and always have 5 or 6 cops available to harass shop keeps who were trying to stay open and survive but when it comes to real crime they don’t have enough officers.

Looking at some of the videos of police enforcing lockdowns and breaking up protests in Australia, in some clips, it looked like there were more police than citizens!

It just goes to show you, that when the government really want to do something, they can magically conjure the resources to carry it out!

Yeah, they sure wasted no time exploiting this trajedy to suggest pushing through an authoritarian law.

With laws like this, the UK becomes more like Asian and MiddleEastern autocratic regimes.

In a way, it's good. It shows how desperate they are.

Will they really invest more money to increase the police force though? Or simply take officers off their patrol routes and assign them to surgeries instead?

I was seeing those ‘David’s law’ reports, too. They put that poor MP’s name on it in order to make it harder to go against. ‘I’m against David’s law’ isn’t something a politician wants to say. What they’re proposing is batshit. It doesn’t, as far as I know, prevent what just happened, when some creepy fuck stabs someone. And even if it did, it’s not the right move.

These politicians want laws to protect them. Special laws. No. Stop.

They wouldn’t go against it anyway. They voted through a law that allows police informers to commit crime. When a amendment was put forward to exempt crimes such as murder, rape and torture they voted against it

Will they really invest more money to increase the police force though? Or simply take officers off their patrol routes and assign them to surgeries instead?

They’ve backtracked after all the female MPs said they’d sooner take their chances with the terrorists! In all seriousness they will probably just move them from their regular patrols as you say.

He wasn’t killed by mean words on Twitter he was assassinated by a islamofascist any proposed law should be to tackle them not some one grumbling about how often their bins get emptied .

technically he wasnt shot so the strict gun control saved him from a bullet instead he got an agonizing stabbing which somehow still happended with their strict knife laws.

<TheWire1><seedat>
Photo-Shared-by-Essex-Police.png
I blame the fact they didn't make his mouth the drop slot.

Yep, they're barely trying to hide it anymore. First there was the bill that almost makes protesting illegal, now the government need to 'take care of us all' by taking full control of social media - because let's face it, that's what this is. It was blatant when that FB 'whistleblower' laughably claimed that the government needs to step in and take control of social media, for 'our own good'.

We are in the midst of what appears to be a slow, but very steady, global totalitarian movement.

It's like you said - this 'act' has got absolutely nothing to do with the murder in question. There is no connection whatsoever.

Back