• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFN 95 - Cyborg vs Lansberg - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy: "Fighting a friend is weird but the way I prepare for it is its just a sparring match with more people watching"

Uhh put your tin foil hats on guys here's an excerpt from Roy on mmajunkie:

The FS1-televised fight takes place at Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia, Brazil, and Nelson said he anticipates competing in an environment that will respect all aspects of fighting, particularly the ground game.

“I think going down to Brazil, the people in Brazil actually respect Brazilian jiu-jitsu,” Nelson told MMAjunkie. “So I’m always giving the fans what they want to see. “They won’t (boo) because they are respectful.”

With Silva coming off 7 losses by first-round knockout, Nelson should seemingly like his chances in a standup fight. He made it clear he wants to show off some of his ground skills in the fight, though. Silva said he isn’t buying that talk.

“Roy has a lot of fans in Brazil, but I don’t think he’s going to try to work his jiu-jitsu,” Silva said. “We’re both good at jiu-jitsu, but I think the main focus will be to put on a good show for the Brazilian fans.”

“I think that ‘Bigfoot’ is always in a fight against whoever,” Nelson said. “I’m not looking past him. ‘Bigfoot’ can definitely knock people out. He knocked out Travis Browne. He knocked out Alistair Overeem. In the heavyweight division, you can lose to anybody.”

Seriously Roy? I think these fuckers got something up their sleeves. Roy lives in Las Vegas and put a bet on the over.

Crickey with Roys best friend drama, draw split or overs at this rate !

YESSSSSSSSS keep inviting Big Country to bbqs and hugging him Bigfoot. You are really helping us gamblers out.

You probably scoffed at people saying Cormier would go easy on Anderson Silva though and look what happened

Lol keep betting Bigfoot guys. Can't wait to add to Roy round 1.

Uhh put your tin foil hats on guys here's an excerpt from Roy on mmajunkie:

Seriously Roy? I think these fuckers got something up their sleeves. Roy lives in Las Vegas and put a bet on the over.
Yesssss keep talking like that Roy. It won't matter when the first jab that glances off BF skull KOs him, its only helping us bettors.

There should be absolutely no reason he can't KO big foot. I'm calling a fix if he doesn't.

If he doesn't even attempt to throw that right hand, then you know what's really going on. Brazillian bbq for these gay boys post fight.

Shaking my damn head I already uncharacteristicly parlayed the under at juiced odds.

Yesssss keep talking like that Roy. It won't matter when the first jab that glances off BF skull KOs him, its only helping us bettors.

What if he doesn't even throw a jab? Let alone his right hand. He takes the fight to the ground and tries to pas guard for 15 minutes and both dudes after the fight go to a steak house and split their Vegas wins?

Fucking hell guys Roy isn't gonna lose on purpose when he desperately needed a win just because he trained with Bigfoot a year and a half ago ffs. What is wrong with you all lol

My theory is that he doesn't lose on purpose, it's just that he goes easy on the big doofus and tries not to punch him so hard.

Fucking hell guys Roy isn't gonna lose on purpose when he desperately needs a win just because he trained with Bigfoot a year and a half ago ffs. What is wrong with you all lol

There should be absolutely no reason he can't KO big foot. I'm calling a fix if he doesn't.

If he doesn't even attempt to throw that right hand, then you know what's really going on. Brazillian bbq for these gay boys post fight.

Shaking my damn head I already uncharacteristicly parlayed the under at juiced odds.

What if he doesn't even throw a jab? Let alone his right hand. He takes the fight to the ground and tries to pas guard for 15 minutes and both dudes after the fight go to a steak house and split their Vegas wins?
Or Roy will KO Bigfoot with the first punch, earn an extra 50k and treat Bigfoot to an all you can eat with his winnings as an apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back