UFC's HW division and Cain vs JDS 3.

BuffaloEmperor

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
how many fights should JDS have to win before Cain and JDS 3 happens? should the UFC try to take the fastest route to Cain vs JDS 3 meaning JDS has to win one fight to become the #1 contender ? or should the UFC put that ace up there sleeve(Cain vs JDS 3) and let Cain try to defend the belt 2 or 3 times, and have JDS achieve 2 or 3 wins then do the triolgy. the heavyweight division is more stacked now then it ever has been so i could see Cain defending the belt against Overeem, then maybe Werdum or Hunt, and who knows maybe even Bigfoot or travis browne while JDS puts together a couple fight win streak, but then what if Cain or JDS loses and then that fight (Cain vs JDS 3) becomes a Jack, or a queen instead of an Ace pay per view wise and money wise that they hoping for if both fighters win there next 2 or 3 fights. Point blank i guess im just wondering if Cain vs JDS 3 would be better for the UFC if it happened sooner or later. thoughts...?

JDS should win 2 fights impressively imo. He got a beating from Cain. Don't want him to get a rematch until he is ready.

If JDS beats Cormier he should get a rematch.

two fights would be good

don't see what he will do differently if he just jumps back in there with Cain

I'd like to see him get 2 wins.

I don't like all these rematches scheduled in rapid-fire succession, and JDS got dominated in the last fight, so he needs time to improve his game.

Also, Cain was not originally scheduled to get a rematch so soon, and was scheduled for his first rematch out of lack of options, not because he was due for a rematch. That one happened too soon IMO, so let's not follow that as a good example.

I'd like to see Cain vs Overeem and then Werdum (provided Reem>Silva, Werdum>Nog and Cain>Reem).

There are plenty of options for JDS:Reem/Silva loser. Rothwell if he beats Gonzaga. Struve/Hunt winner. Kongo.

I'd say Rothwell if he wins, Kongo otherwise and then the Hunt/Struve winner.

Will that match happen? Didn't Cormier say he'd move down to LHW if Velasquez held the HW title?

I don't know, but if he did fight Cormier and beat him I would give him a rematch.

You guys have to stop trying to establish some set criteria, its all relative.

If Alistair and Werdum win thier next fights impressively then JDS will have to win a few.

But if Alistair and Werdum get ktfo them he'll probably only need to win one.

its gonna be 1 i think - it depends more on who else is in line and timing more than who is most deservant

overeem fights for the title next, junior will prob fight around then - if jds muders his opponent, people might call for it as cain's next fight

if cormier gets in there (i doubt he'll fight cain, but hes a #1 contender in some scenarios) then it could be 2

You guys have to stop trying to establish some set criteria, its all relative.

If Alistair and Werdum win thier next fights impressively then JDS will have to win a few.

But if Alistair and Werdum get ktfo them he'll probably only need to win one.

That's true, but as a fan of JDS i want him to win 2 more.

2, because that is how many Cain had to win (although because of the whole Overeem over-testosterone situation, it became 1) to get a crack at JDS' title.

Although somehow Folding Chair Lesnar needed only one fight to get another title shot...

2, because that is how many Cain had to win (although because of the whole Overeem over-testosterone situation, it became 1) to get a crack at JDS' title.

Although somehow Folding Chair Lesnar needed only one fight to get another title shot...

Cain had one fight. Was only going to need one fight. His fight with Mir was Number one contender match and was set up before overeem failed.

Cain had to win 2? According to what? And all he did was beat a guy coming off a loss to get his title shot. I say Junior just needs 1 incredible win at least. I actually don't think HW is stacked enough, so I don't really think he needs more than 2.

one of the main problems is that there may not be enough hype

Some what pointless to discuss before we know how Overeem and Werdum will do. But if we assume Overeem beats bigfoot, gets title shot against cain.

By that point both JDS and Werdum will probably have a win each. And one of them will get another match and the other one will get a title shot. Unless they decide to put Cain/overeem on hold for a while which I really doubt.

if jds beats comier, yes title shot. if cormier wins, then what - drops to 205?

I think if Bigfoot beats overeem, jds gets the next shot. If overeem wins, he fights Cain. Jds fights someone like hunt. If werdum and Cain win their fight, they fight each other. If overeem and werdum win, jds gets that title shot cause I doubt the ufc will do that rematch. If big nog beats werdum, jds gets the title shot provided he wins his first fight back.

Why do people want to see this rematch so quickly? At this rate they will fight more than Pac and Marquez, even though neither fight so far was close.

Back