• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Will Average 4 Cards Per Month First Half of 2019. How is This Sustainable?

Move to somewhere more civilised, mine's never been down for a UFC event, seriously never. Are you getting it via Sky and a dish?
And if it is down why stream when you can use the BT Sport app? I've never really used it but that's because BT Sport via my YouView Box is great but I do have BT as my ISP too.

Buy a cheap tablet with HDMI out and a Bluetooth mouse stream the BT Sport app on the tv, that has to be better than some random stream that's probably BT Sport anyway? That's how I watch Sky via Mobdro or Kodi, so it'd be fine with the BT Sport app. It should work on Windows too via an android emulator.
or just chromecast from the app or web

Considering they just had to cancel an entire ppv because they couldn't put together a good enough card... .

thats not why they cancelled it. they cancelled it because they didnt think they could run two ppv's in the space of 2 weeks in the same place.

233 was cancelled the day after Jones licence was granted in 232. They already knew they were moving 232

They are making huge money to deliver content
With a mediocre PPV year, they should blow past their best year ever for rev/profit

They are a content provider first

Live sports is king right now. NFL, MLB and NBA deals should tell everyone what they need to know about it.

The UFC is a multi billion dollar company, they know what they're doing. Im guessing multiple small shows rack up more coin than less frequent, bigger cards.
It's not so much that they know what they are doing, or that it makes the most money per se. They need that many events to keep up their televisions contract. It's really lame, because they don't have the talent pool to maintain that many events.

The problem isn't too many events

The problem is too many platforms

Love it, I just wish they were earlier. Being in EST it kills my Saturday nights every time theres a fight night, and I'll always watch even if its a shitty one. One of the main reasons I wanna move to the west coast is to get in that sweet sweet PST. Card done by 10 and can still go out after.

Fans: Sport is watered down and hard to follow

Dana: "With the new ESPN deal you need two different subscription services AND cable to follow it"

UFC: "let's take a sport that's plateaued popularity wise and make it BOTH harder and more expensive to follow"..........
I gave up trying to watch in Canada, its so ridiculous how much shit you need to pay for to watch non ppv's or prelims.

Fans: Sport is watered down and hard to follow

Dana: "With the new ESPN deal you need two different subscription services AND cable to follow it"

UFC: "let's take a sport that's plateaued popularity wise and make it BOTH harder and more expensive to follow"..........
"Sport"
<{outtahere}>

Lol. We'll see how long this lasts. First 10 cards of 2019 you need to pay to watch 8 of them.

Remember FUEL TV. Lol.

Last edited:
UFC is probably going to keep the flyweights and introduce the 165lb weight class - not because they care about the sport, but to have a shiny interim title fight every other week.

It's no different than any of the last several years, with 40ish events in the year.

It's not so much that they know what they are doing, or that it makes the most money per se. They need that many events to keep up their televisions contract. It's really lame, because they don't have the talent pool to maintain that many events.
They wouldnt have gone into contract if it wasnt profitable for them. There is high level businessmen at the helm.

They wouldnt have gone into contract if it wasnt profitable for them. There is high level businessmen at the helm.
I was talking about the reason they have so many events. That's because they need the TV contract. It isn't per se profitable for them to have a lot of events for any other reason; they have admitted it stretches them too thin, and that they have no choice. Lots of high level businesses have gone under, so I wouldn't make any assumptions. There business has not become more profitable for the last 5-10 years; they pretty much have been treading water.

They are making huge money to deliver content
With a mediocre PPV year, they should blow past their best year ever for rev/profit

They are a content provider first

You are on on point as usual. ESPN and Disney are paying big bucks for content for the new ESPN+ service. MMA hardcores should be ecstatic—the world’s largest sports network has such confidence in the UFC that it’s being used as a major cornerstone of an ESPN new product offering. No fighter should complain about opportunities to get on cards in 2019.

When you only pay 90% of the fighters on the card less than what Dana spends on blackjack and skanks in one night , it’s easy to have four cards a month be sustainable.

Fans: Events are too watered down, maybe the UFC should dial it back a bit in 2019

Dana White: Hold my beer...

Fans: Events are too watered down, maybe the UFC should dial it back a bit in 2019

Dana White: Hold my beer...

Youre math is terrible 20 divided by 6 is not 4.

Holy shit can't believe no one has called you on this.

You could literally tell half these tards you're the king of England and they'd believe it.

Back