Media UFC tried to book McGregor for 239, then 240.

And Poirier with a huge risk of getting sidelined. Ultimate Fighting Conor.

CTE god vs one of the best counterpunchers in MMA history should work out great.

That’s certainly one way it could pan out. Alternatively, Conor gases and Gaethje breaks him. It’s a good fight that is conducive to speculation, with either man seemingly having a path to victory.. Hence why I suggested it.

Conor McGregor is in a tough situation. He doesn't have the talent to walk through a gauntlet of bloodthirsty killers, but he is the most popular UFC athlete. So, what is he supposed to do?

In situations like this, the Boxing model makes sense. You can protect your cash cow by creating some fake belt, and making him defend it against favorable opponents. The fans won't care. They just want to see their favorite win, so they can live vicariously through his accomplishments.

In the UFC model, guys like Conor McGregor get stuck between a rock and a hard place. He has the popularity of a PPV main event athlete, but his talent is really UFC Fight Night.

However, I am probably wrong about Conor's talent. The Khabib fight kind of pushed me towards believing that Conor McGregor can KO a lot of these Top 10 LWs. I was expecting Khabib to maul and smesh, but he lost the fight without a scratch. Plus, he lost because of exhaustion not because Khabib of any punishment from Khabib. That is something.

CTE god vs one of the best counterpunchers in MMA history should work out great.

One of the best pressure fighters in the division vs. a guy notorious for crumbling under pressure.

He just text me "I want Khabib. IN RUSSIA."

maxresdefault.jpg

One of the best pressure fighters in the division vs. a guy notorious for crumbling under pressure.

Yeah Gaethje isn't a Diaz bro. He's another basic orthodox brawler with a shorter reach.

Nice try though. You and I both know he's going to run into counters until the ref stops it.

"BuT LeG kICKs"

I think the real reason he's out and 'renegotiating' is because the ESPN+ PPV sales are really low. That means that he'll make peanuts compared to what his contract was negotiated which assumed PPV sales on cable TV and dozens of other platforms. I wonder if the contracts with PPV points are even still valid contracts with the change in what a 'PPV' is?

Conor McGregor is in a tough situation. He doesn't have the talent to walk through a gauntlet of bloodthirsty killers, but he is the most popular UFC athlete. So, what is he supposed to do?

In situations like this, the Boxing model makes sense. You can protect your cash cow by creating some fake belt, and making him defend it against favorable opponents. The fans won't care. They just want to see their favorite win, so they can live vicariously through his accomplishments.

In the UFC model, guys like Conor McGregor get stuck between a rock and a hard place. He has the popularity of a PPV main event athlete, but his talent is really UFC Fight Night.

However, I am probably wrong about Conor's talent. The Khabib fight kind of pushed me towards believing that Conor McGregor can KO a lot of these Top 10 LWs. I was expecting Khabib to maul and smesh, but he lost the fight without a scratch. Plus, he lost because of exhaustion not because Khabib of any punishment from Khabib. That is something.
He absolutely has the talent. Did you not see his run up to Aldo, and then against Alvarez? Anyone that can do that can do anything. His problems are that he's been doing everything except fighting and training: drinking, starting a whiskey company, partying... all that stuff takes hours out of the day and leaves you hung over the next day. You can't compete against someone dedicating every hour and facet of their life to MMA 100% while living like that. Young Conor dedicated his life to the martial arts and he was a legend; Prime Conor allocates his life to superficial things and he sucks.

Young Conor:

"Partying is weakness for the soul."

Prime Conor:

5ba4b9da4fe807ad108b4569-1536-1126.jpg

He should sit out until the Khabib/Porier fight happens. If it ever does.

If by some crazy chance Porier wins Conors right back in there.

Conor timing a September return LoL

If they screw Dustin, its another big slap in the face to anybody that cares about this crappy sport.

I'm sure dana would love conor/khabib 2 in September but i'm pretty sure khabib is fighting poirier in Sept.
Khabib said conor needs a win if he wants a rematch, and he's not a man who's gonna change his mind.

Good. I'm going to 240 in Edmonton, and wouldn't be around for NYC.

Thanks Conor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back