UFC threads

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot, actually a lot of sherdoggers posts unrelated UFC content into UFC threads section because sherdog is really disregarding other organizations. At least the major ones, Bellator, ACB or Rizin should have their categories.

Otherwise, people will still continue to post like that and admins have more work to do. Simple.

They should just make it The Heavies again with Bellator

This belongs in the Support section

Holy fragmented thoughts, Batman.

Awesome Savate tournament in France next week btw!

Kisenosato is 3-0!
Tochinoshin loses! :(

Exciting sumo day!

low quality trolling. keep trying

?? What would be the point of trolling this soon-to-be wastelanded thread?

Sumo was great, and as hard as it is to believe, Tochi did lose.

Kise will be forced into retirement basically if he doesn't have a great tournament. He's undefeated. Great story unfolding so far.

?? What would be the point of trolling this soon-to-be wastelanded thread?

Sumo was great, and as hard as it is to believe, Tochi did lose.

Kise will be forced into retirement basically if he doesn't have a great tournament. He's undefeated. Great story unfolding so far.
Bro, can you please tell me which tournament/promotions to watch? I love sumo, but have no idea who fights who or where they fighting.

I also want to know more about Sumo. I was going to try make it to Japan on the 12th for the World Championships. Obviously trolling TS is number one right now but Im super cerial.

Kickboxing needs a bigger following. Way more exciting than watching people, who can't fight, roll around on the ground.

Bro, can you please tell me which tournament/promotions to watch? I love sumo, but have no idea who fights who or where they fighting.

I also want to know more about Sumo. I was going to try make it to Japan on the 12th for the World Championships. Obviously trolling TS is number one right now but Im super cerial.

I only got into Sumo this year, but I can help. Every other month, there is sumo.

The top division is called Makuuchi and has 42 rikiski(wrestlers).

Everyone matches up against everyone in the span of a few weeks, and most wins, wins the tournament.

NattoSumo on Youtube posts the day's matches very quickly after they happen. He usually gets them up around 8am eastern.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ8v5JF3IyxLWOCGKpcP0g/featured

There are also ranks in Sumo.

Everyone in the top division is Maegashira.

If you earn more wins than losses, you will be at the rank of Komusubi.

If you win 30 matches over 3 tournaments, you become Sekiwake

If you win 33 matches over 3 tournaments as Sekiwake, you may become Ozeki.

To reach the highest level of sumo, Yokozuna, you must be a great Ozeki, but also show great character. You cannot be demoted, but likely forced into retirement if you start slipping.

As for who to watch... Find your favourites but I can list you a couple stars.

Hakuho, Mongolian Yokozuna.
Statistically, the greatest sumo. I don't think many would argue that.
He has the record for most unbeaten tournaments, and most wins.
He's a nice guy with a sweet smile, but mean in the ring. Somewhat intimating. He has a physical charisma that appeals to fans imo. Can win in many ways.

Kakuryu, Mongolian Yokozuna.
Seems very calm all the time. Had a bad year last year due to injury, but has returned this year and won two tournaments. The interesting thing is he, he could be the best sumo on any day, but has a very small amount of guys to train with. Is in the smallest stable/gym.

Tochinoshin, Georgian Ozeki
He just earned his rank of Ozeki. He is the most white looking and foreign rikisi and has earned a lot of fans because of it. His extreme skill, strength and character has made him a fan favourite in Japan as well. He also has a some what funny warm up routine, spiriting to his corner, and cleaning himself furiously which has endeared fans.

Ichinojo, Japanese Sekiwake
Maybe this guy should be the bad guy, but he never quite reaches his potential, and sumo fans seemingly want to see him do so. The biggest guy in the division, and only 25. Ichinojo is a beast, but has failed to win tournaments.

Kisenosato, Japense Yokozuna
The only Japense yokozuna. He's returning after missing/dropping out of 8 tournaments. He has become the underdog and favourite of this month's tournament. The home town Yokozuna needs to have a solid tournament or will be forced to retire his rank of Yokozuna, and from what I understand, Yokozuna are expected to retire. They are not demoted. He is 3-0 after today and watching him this month could be the highlight.

Notables:

Kaisei is a Brazilian Sumo, who stands out. imo looks like fat bastard from Austin Powers.
Aoiyama is Bulgarian and likes to use strikes/push attacks.

Chiyonokuni is becoming one of my favourites, not a stand-out fighter or likely to be a top guy, but incredibly agile and capable of putting on great matches. I saw this rikishi do the splits, rip something to avoid the ground, and won.

Abi and Endo are big crowd favourites for their character and determination.

Ishiura is 5'8, the smallest of the top division. I like him, but he uses the henka a lot. It's the dodge instead of crash at the start of Sumo, and is largely frowned upon. Mostly when you use is it often.

But when it comes to small guys, Enho is the star. He's in the lower division, not fighting the top guys, but hopefully soon.

I'm no sumo expert, but I enjoy competition and I enjoy this. Any questions, I'd love to help.

Last edited:
I only got into Sumo this year, but I can help. Every other month, there is sumo.

Everyone matches up against everyone in the span of a few weeks, and most wins, wins the tournament.

NattoSumo on Youtube posts the day's matches very quickly after they happen. He usually gets them up around 8am eastern.

To reach the highest level of sumo, Yokozuna, you must be a great Ozeki, but also show great character. You cannot be demoted, but likely forced into retirement if you start slipping.

He's a nice guy with a sweet smile, but mean in the ring. Somewhat intimating. He has a physical charisma that appeals to fans imo. Can win in many ways.

Seems very calm all the time. Had a bad year last year due to injury, but has returned this year and won two tournaments.

He just earned his rank of Ozeki. He is the most white looking and foreign rikisi and has earned a lot of fans because of it. His extreme skill, strength and character has made him a fan favourite in Japan as well. He also has a some what funny warm up routine, spiriting to his corner, and cleaning himself furiously which has endeared fans.

Maybe this guy should be the bad guy, but he never quite reaches his potential, and sumo fans seemingly want to see him do so. The biggest guy in the division, and only 25. Ichinojo is a beast, but has failed to win tournaments.

The only Japense yokozuna. He's returning after missing/dropping out of 8 tournaments. He has become the underdog and favourite of this month's tournament. The home town Yokozuna needs to have a solid tournament or will be forced to retire his rank of Yokozuna, and from what I understand, Yokozuna are expected to retire. They are not demoted. He is 3-0 after today and watching him this month could be the highlight.

Notables:

Kaisei is a Brazilian Sumo, who stands out. imo looks like fat bastard from Austin Powers.

Chiyonokuni is becoming one of my favourites, not a stand-out fighter or likely to be a top guy, but incredibly agile and capable of putting on great matches. I saw this rikishi do the splits, rip something to avoid the ground, and won.

Ishiura is 5'8, the smallest of the top division. I like him, but he uses the henka a lot. It's the dodge instead of crash at the start of Sumo, and is largely frowned upon. Mostly when you use is it often.

But when it comes to small guys, Enho is the star. He's in the lower division, not fighting the top guys, but hopefully soon.

I'm no sumo expert, but I enjoy competition and I enjoy this. Any questions, I'd love to help.

You absolute legend. Will look into it. I watched a lot when I lived in Bali, usually hungover because they had a Japanese channel. There are some crazy facts about Sumo. Like their hairdressers and traditions.

Seems very calm all the time. Had a bad year last year due to injury, but has returned this year and won two tournaments. The interesting thing is he, he could be the best sumo on any day, but has a very small amount of guys to train with. Is in the smallest stable/gym.

Notables:

Thank you so much! I also heard that they use their little fingers to pull up opponents, do you know if it’s true?

Back