UFC Sweden: Alexander Gustafsson training for Anthony Johnson (short clips) [VIDEO]

Unimpressive display by Gus.
Rumble wins this fight by KO or TKO.

LOL at this idiot, Gus is 6'5 and has faster hands than 155lb champ Pettis. If people cannot grasp how crazy that it is, they should go watch soccer.

Johnson hits hard enough to KO anyone, and is a dangerous opponent but I still think Gus is gonna put on a boxing clinic like he did vs Jones.

Rumble does not have the kicks, reach or elbows Jones could fall back on once he started getting outboxed by Gus.

LOL at this idiot, Gus is 6'5 and has faster hands than 155lb champ Pettis. If people cannot grasp how crazy that it is, they should go watch soccer.

Johnson hits hard enough to KO anyone, and is a dangerous opponent but I still think Gus is gonna put on a boxing clinic like he did vs Jones.

Rumble does not have the kicks, reach or elbows Jones could fall back on once he started getting outboxed by Gus.

Yep, Gustafsson is 6'5 and walks around at like 230. He's a big dude but has lots of speed in his hands and feet. This gives his opponents real problems, especially as he's working his superior boxing and footwork when they can't take him off his feet to get him down. Pettis' hands didn't really impress me against Gil in his last fight, but his kicks are very good.

Diggem is the biggest racist of this forum.

Cult worships every black fighter.

Cuts down every white fighter.

He is an insecure human being.

Rumble could beat Gus because anything can happen.

But there is a great chance this fight ends up looking just like Rory vs. Woodley. Do you all remember when everyone was saying that it was going to be a murder? That is should have been illegal to even sanction such a fight? Rory even took Woodley down in that fight. These muscle freaks are so vastly over-rated. Even when they have explosiveness it's usually only in short bursts. Typically not very agile and poor endurance overall. Gus can only lose if he gets careless. He can dance circles around Bumble Johnson.

Gus gonna take this. All my eggs in the Gus basket to beat Jones.

Rumble could beat Gus because anything can happen.

But there is a great chance this fight ends up looking just like Rory vs. Woodley. Do you all remember when everyone was saying that it was going to be a murder? That is should have been illegal to even sanction such a fight? Rory even took Woodley down in that fight. These muscle freaks are so vastly over-rated. Even when they have explosiveness it's usually only in short bursts. Typically not very agile and poor endurance overall. Gus can only lose if he gets careless. He can dance circles around Bumble Johnson.

Man, I've been saying exactly this for a long time. You can be very explosive and still not quick the rest of the time when you're not exploding. Gustafsson is quick more or less the whole time he's fighting. Guys like Rumble are quick when they're exploding and basically only when that's happening, Rashad too. This is why I'd never say either of those two, for instance, are quicker than Gustafsson is because they can't sustain that speed. His feet are faster than them both too.

Rumble is very likeable IMO. Against anyone else I'd root for him but I really wanna see a rematch with Gus/Jones. This is no easy fight for either Gus or Rumble though.

Man, I've been saying exactly this for a long time. You can be very explosive and still not quick the rest of the time when you're not exploding. Gustafsson is quick more or less the whole time he's fighting. Guys like Rumble are quick when they're exploding and basically only when that's happening, Rashad too. This is why I'd never say either of those two, for instance, are quicker than Gustafsson is because they can't sustain that speed. His feet are faster than them both too.

Rumble would gas out half-way in to the first round if he remained as active as Gus. Carrying around all of the extra mass has its consequences. That is why the term 'Econo-Reem' came in to play. Overeem is the same kind of fighter. If he does not plan on scoring an early victory then he had better be pacing himself or that gas tank is going to run dry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back