PBP UFC: Road to the UFC Epsiodes 3 & 4: Official Play by Play Thread, 3AM and 5AM PT (UFC Fight Pass)

Did anyone just go ahead and pick all Korean and Japanese fighters?

I know a couple lost, but looks to me like they're going to dominate outside of one or two Chinese veterans.

I think the Chinese fighters look pretty good this year.

I think the Chinese fighters look pretty good this year.

They have some real killers - some of these guys have well-honed, numerically impressive records.

Sometimes that strategy does work, for example we've seen plenty of huge record Brazilians come in with plenty of padding, but still look lethal. Obviously Russians too.

It will be interesting to see if Chinese fighters fall in line with everyone else now that they're on the radar - hard to build a 23-3 record if they're getting picked up by the major orgs at just 5-0 or 6-0. Even though the Chinese fighters seem to enjoy being super active, it might not be a permanent state of being.

That could give them an advantage in this particular tournament, but I'd be surprised if anyone outside those three nations wins any of the tournaments. I suppose Climaco is the danger.

They have some real killers - some of these guys have well-honed, numerically impressive records.

Sometimes that strategy does work, for example we've seen plenty of huge record Brazilians come in with plenty of padding, but still look lethal. Obviously Russians too.

It will be interesting to see if Chinese fighters fall in line with everyone else now that they're on the radar - hard to build a 23-3 record if they're getting picked up by the major orgs at just 5-0 or 6-0. Even though the Chinese fighters seem to enjoy being super active, it might not be a permanent state of being.

That could give them an advantage in this particular tournament, but I'd be surprised if anyone outside those three nations wins any of the tournaments. I suppose Climaco is the danger.

I think it's only Japanese, Korean, Chinese fighters and Climaco left so you're right there.

I think it's only Japanese, Korean, Chinese fighters and Climaco left so you're right there.

Oh, already?

I'd glanced at the results, but not take into account the permutations - although I thought the Thai guy won, and I think a Mongolian is still in there - but yeah, near enough

Oh, already?

I'd glanced at the results, but not take into account the permutations - although I thought the Thai guy won, and I think a Mongolian is still in there - but yeah, near enough

Those were non tournament bouts.They might well act as alternates now though.

I checked the heavies and worldwide, this was the one place I didn’t look. The UFCs underpromotion of this on a card less weekend is damn near criminal. Idiots. I am a few fights in on episode 3. 8 hours of fights to watch is awesome

I watched this in its entirety and it is better than UFC Apex cards

I maybe get why you wouldn't promote something that is in China due to current geo-political norms

But a true capitalist will do all he can to try and sell into Chinese markets on the sly

Furiously trying to find a ….. access to this

So I ended up biting the bullet and doing a month of Fight Pass for these. Little to my knowledge it would be the most tame round of this tournament. Motherfuckers were fighting with only slightly more risks taken than a TUF season.

Ah well it set up for some good finals. Also I realized I had the fight library for the 1st time in my life. I immediately showed my children Zombie vs Garcia 1.

Saw at Tapology that Shin Haraguchi posted somewhere that his fight is happening at UFC event in Shanghai in December.

Saw at Tapology that Shin Haraguchi posted somewhere that his fight is happening at UFC event in Shanghai in December.
I think there is gonna be an event in December, but we shall see if it's an actual fight night or just an event at the PI there

Scheduled for Vegas beginning at 12:30AM on February 4 -- after the Imavov/Dolidze card.
China seems to be stepping their training up more these days in fighting sports, I even saw some Chinese do pretty well in Zagreb wrestling open.

Tsuruya is a beast, and nearly won via modified twister. Stoppage felt way too early. He will be a problem for the division.

Haraguchi is just horrible to watch. Glad to see Rongzhu beat him down.

Yazhi/Likaiwen are friends... not saying it was a fix... but... whatever.

Korean Tiger looked decent on the weekend at least.

Back