UFC really messed up the timing of Izzy/Jan when Santos/Glover hasnt happened yet

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Santos/Glover could easily have been seen as a #1 contender's fight

now with Izzy/Jan being called, this fight isnt very relevant. The winner will prolly have to take 1 more fight before a shitle shot

they couldve at least waited until the fight was finished to announce it. Now theyve killed any hype or interest Santos/Glover couldve had

Meh that fight isn't that important in the grand scheme. Santos is coming off a loss, hasn't fought in over a year. Glover meanwhile is on a run, but the guy is 41 years old now and is really starting to slow down.

To me it looks like they're trying to build up Adesanya, and that looks like the right way to go to me. He's younger, probably beats all these guys, bigger name already, has beef with Jones they can use in the future, etc. Whatever, it is what it is.

It’s not like they lost PPV buys.

Most people who were interested in this fight because it was a good fight not because of the stakes.

I doubt that it has any series effect on the ratings.

Last edited:
Israel / Jan is IRRELEVANT either way lol. It has nothing to do with Thiago / Glover.

Izzy is a proven champion at this point, and one of the rising stars in the UFC right now. He's a big challenge even if he's going up a weight class. It would be a legit test for Jan and the LHW belt. Imo it is a great and competitive first defense for Jan and would spark more interest in the new era of LHW division instead of waiting for the winner of Glover/Santos, which will just seem predictable and not generate much interest.

I believe nothing that the UFC says. The winner of this fight probably will fight Jan next and Izzy will fight Whittaker.

Meh that fight isn't that important in the grand scheme. Santos is coming off a loss, hasn't fought in over a year. Glover meanwhile is on a run, but the guy is 41 years old now and is really starting to slow down.

To me it looks like they're trying to build up Adesanya, and that looks like the right way to go to me. He's younger, probably beats all these guys, bigger name already, has beef with Jones they can use in the future, etc. Whatever, it is what it is.
starting to slow down? the guy's also been glacially slow.

Back