UFC ranking: Bendo down 1 spot after tonight

manwich

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Not that anybody takes the UFC rankings seriously, but did anyone find it funny that after tonight's win, Ben is ranked #2 LW behind Melendez?

I went and checked UFC.com, and they actually moved him down a spot...

Rankings are updated on Monday, he's been #2 for 5 days. Will be #1 in 2 days.

Rankings are updated on Monday, he's been #2 for 5 days. Will be #1 in 2 days.

This

and it's completely reasonable that Melendez would be ranked higher than him considering that many thought Gil beat Bendo and many though Bendo lost to Thompson

This

and it's completely reasonable that Melendez would be ranked higher than him considering that many thought Gil beat Bendo and many though Bendo lost to Thompson

Thomson has had some rough nights with the judges against both Henderson and Melendez.

This

Bendo lost both fights imo.

And both his fights vs Edgar as well.

I like Bendo but he needs more performances like this one where he goes for a finish. And he needs to shut his mouth.

Great fighter but fucking annoying.

Bendo lost both fights imo.

And both his fights vs Edgar as well.

I like Bendo but he needs more performances like this one where he goes for a finish. And he needs to shut his mouth.

Great fighter but fucking annoying.

Agreed, but I for one had Bendo edge Edgar in the first fight.

Edgar 2 - Thomson and Melendez were all close but I felt he lost all 3

I personally think that he is a very good fighter, championship caliber and capable of being quite entertaining but as we all know he has had some dubious decisions in some close fights that could have gone either way but should have gone to the other guy.

And with Gil having the next title shot, thought would logicaly put him at the top.

Agreed, but I for one had Bendo edge Edgar in the first fight.

Edgar 2 - Thomson and Melendez were all close but I felt he lost all 3

I personally think that he is a very good fighter, championship caliber and capable of being quite entertaining but as we all know he has had some dubious decisions in some close fights that could have gone either way but should have gone to the other guy.

Yeah, Bendo can be an exciting fighter, and it's not exactly his fault the judges have gifted him decisions, but it is his fault for not going for the finish. I think he finally got the message that even if he wins questionable fights, he's not going to win any fans over, which is ultimately what's best for his career and will guarantee his spot in the UFC (Fitch, Shields, Okami, etc). He's gotta talk less and finish more and he'll have a much larger fan base.

Back