UFC/Pride Lightweight Champions with least-to-most Top 10 ranked wins at Lightweight.

depending on which specific point in time you are talking about I would say that you could argue that WEC or Strikeforce had better LWs than Pride.

I suppose it would also come down to how you label certain fighters as there were a lot more free agent/ cross promotion situations where guys fought in one org then another in that era.

Anyway, I think pride having the “Vast majority” is at the very least, debatable.
These are the Lightweights that WEC and Strikeforce had when Pride's Lightweights existed:

WEC-Lightweights.jpg

Alfonso was 4-2 when he fought for the WEC title.
Ruediger was 5-1 when he fought for the inaugural WEC Lightweight Championship.
Franca lost twice to Edwards (who was fighting in Pride).
Diaz was 5-1 when he fought for the title.
Maxwell, Wells, and Olsen don't even have Wikipedia pages.

Strikeforce-Lightweights.jpg

Guida got a shot at the inaugural Strikeforce Lightweight title coming off a loss, while Thomson was only one fight removed from getting knocked out by Edwards (who was fighting in Pride).

While Melendez had defeated Kawajiri in Pride, he'd later lose to Ishida at Yarennoka!

So really when you look at it, the overwhelming majority of the Lightweights in those companies at the time were most certainly not better than Pride's Lightweights.

I'd break it down as follows:
2005-2006 | Pride > UFC
2008-2010 | UFC = Dream > Strikeforce = WEC
2011-2012 | UFC > Strikeforce > Dream
2012-present | UFC

These are the Lightweights that WEC and Strikeforce had when Pride's Lightweights existed:

WEC-Lightweights.jpg

Alfonso was 4-2 when he fought for the WEC title.
Ruediger was 5-1 when he fought for the inaugural WEC Lightweight Championship.
Franca lost twice to Edwards (who was fighting in Pride).
Diaz was 5-1 when he fought for the title.
Maxwell, Wells, and Olsen don't even have Wikipedia pages.

Strikeforce-Lightweights.jpg

Guida got a shot at the inaugural Strikeforce Lightweight title coming off a loss, while Thomson was only one fight removed from getting knocked out by Edwards (who was fighting in Pride).

While Melendez had defeated Kawajiri in Pride, he'd later lose to Ishida at Yarennoka!

So really when you look at it, the overwhelming majority of the Lightweights in those companies at the time were most certainly not better than Pride's Lightweights.

I'd break it down as follows:
2005-2006 | Pride > UFC
2008-2010 | UFC = Dream > Strikeforce = WEC
2011-2012 | UFC > Strikeforce > Dream
2012-present | UFC

Your assessment seem pretty accurate, I took a quick look and it seems maybe those (WEC/Strikeforce) divisions developed a little later than I had thought.

My memory from 14 years ago is off, I have apparently got issues recalling who was in what org when in that era.

SF in 2006 had Guida, Josh Thomson, Gilbert, Nate Diaz, Bang Ludwig.
Not terrible.

If it’s debatable it may be a losing cause...

Its not that stupid, anyone who puts khabib above him is assumed to agree with what im saying

What you said was "I dont value gomis resume, japan is irrelevant"

That is a really stupid thing to say because when Gomi was fighting in Japan he was fighting in the best LW division in the world.

depending on which specific point in time you are talking about I would say that you could argue that WEC or Strikeforce had better LWs than Pride.

I suppose it would also come down to how you label certain fighters as there were a lot more free agent/ cross promotion situations where guys fought in one org then another in that era.

Anyway, I think pride having the “Vast majority” is at the very least, debatable.

It's not really debatable, when Pride was around they had the majority of the top 10 ranked LWs a lot of the guys you are thinking of didn't become top 10 guys till after 2007 when Pride no longer existed.

It's not really debatable, when Pride was around they had the majority of the top 10 ranked LWs.
As I stated in the post above, my memory of when the WEC and SF divisions developed was off.
I didn’t realize that those orgs developed much later than I recall.

What you said was "I dont value gomis resume, japan is irrelevant"

That is a really stupid thing to say because when Gomi was fighting in Japan he was fighting in the best LW division in the world.

Im perfectly okay with you thinking its stupid

It's disappointing to see people post about Gomi's resume being weak or full of cans. The MMA community has not done a good job of respecting the history and pioneers of the sport. His resume is littered with seminal fighters that not only helped build the lighter divisions, but the sport as a whole.

SF in 2006 had Guida, Josh Thomson, Gilbert, Nate Diaz, Bang Ludwig.
In 2006, Guida had competed once in KOTC, twice in Strikeforce, once in Shooto, once in WEC, and once in the UFC, so it's not entirely accurate to label him as a Strikeforce fighter.
Thomson was definitely a Strikeforce fighter in 2006, but he'd gotten knocked out by Edwards who became a Pride fighter after that fight.
Half of Melendez' fights in 2006 took place in Pride, so you can't really call him a Strikeforce fighter during that year.
Most of Nate Diaz' fights in 2006 took place in WEC and he was only 5-2 by the end of that year.
Ludwig only had two Lightweight fights at Strikeforce in 2006 and he lost both of them.

Im perfectly okay with you thinking its stupid
While @NoBiasJustMMA might describe your statements as stupid, I'd simply say that they're ignorant, and you attempted to move the goal post when you got called out on it:

Bendo the goat!!!, I dont value gomis resume, japan is irrelevant

Hes too underrated
Its not that stupid, anyone who puts khabib above him is assumed to agree with what im saying
You completely dismissed Gomi's resume and the entire country of Japan, then attempted to make the argument about Nurmagomedov.

Japan had most of the best Lightweights in the world from 2003 to 2010; to suggest that Japan is "irrelevant" with regards to the Lightweight Division, nevermind the possibility that you may have been dismissing the country's influence in all of MMA, demonstrates a woeful ignorance of the sport and its history.

Aoki's resume:

#9 Joachim Hansen
#3 Gesias Cavalcante
#8 Caol Uno
#2 Eddie Alvarez
#3 Joachim Hansen
#4 Mizuto Hirota
#8 Tatsuya Kawajiri

Aoki has 7 top ten wins.

Just a suggestion but I think you should redo these threads but don't limit it to just UFC/Pride champions maybe limit it to fighters with 2 or more top 10 wins instead. When I was looking at your MW list I was thinking where is Jacare cause he's got a bunch of top 10 wins, more than some UFC/Pride champions but realized he didn't fit the criteria of the thread. I think it would be even more informative for people that haven't followed MMA for a long time.

You know what I meant. You just don't know shit about MMA
no... you clearly just dont understand how rankings work.. Has nothing to do with how they would compete today. You will learn kiddo. ive been around here a longggg time

Back