UFC PPV Production Cost Breakdown: 145,000 Buys Required to Break Even

Funkasaurus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I decided to watch Inside MMA and this thing came up

so, I guess the Affliction & PRIDE PPV's lost money then?

Also explains why the Flyweights aren't on PPV

cu2MDVO.jpg

Hmm.

Not sure how they would know and also every PPV is different surely?

That is only computing a $750,000 live gate?

Very interesting....

That is only computing a $750,000 live gate?

Very interesting....

I think it is safe to say that a fight that only pulls 145,000 PPVs isn't going to do much at the gate. I'm sure they both raise at a similar rate.

UFC also takes figheter's sponsorship money.

Still can believe I allowed myself to buy that shit card. My justifiable thinking was at least we get a free ufc on fs1 coming up soon but that card was so bad it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I think it is safe to say that a fight that only pulls 145,000 PPVs isn't going to do much at the gate. I'm sure they both raise at a similar rate.

Yeah, these figures might be for a Rich Franklin main event

UFC 161 got 150k buys and got a $3.15 million gate.

Maybe its true but I just don't see it, every event would surely be different.

Still can believe I allowed myself to buy that shit card. My justifiable thinking was at least we get a free ufc on fs1 coming up soon but that card was so bad it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

You are not alone Dirty Dik

sooo when you ufc gets like 750,000 ppv's and a gate of like 3 mil...why are fighters still only getting small amounts of money if their not main or co main event..

Worst feeling. Glad I didn't buy it (nearly did), but can't say I haven't paid for worse. Been paying to see some of my favorites get knocked out here recently.

It depends though.

UFC 161 did only 150,000 buys but 3,150,000 at the gate. UFC 127 did only 260,000 buys but a 3.5 million gate.

On the flip side, you do have stuff like the PPV in Japan which probably was papered to shit and didn't do a big gate but did well on PPV.

I decided to watch Inside MMA and this thing came up

so, I guess the Affliction & PRIDE PPV's lost money then?

Also explains why the Flyweights aren't on PPV

cu2MDVO.jpg

Would love to see were there getting there sponsorship fees from,i would of thought the ufc got more then 1m a fight in sponsors

It depends though.

UFC 161 did only 150,000 buys but 3,150,000 at the gate. UFC 127 did only 260,000 buys but a 3.5 million gate.

On the flip side, you do have stuff like the PPV in Japan which probably was papered to shit and didn't do a big gate but did well on PPV.

UFC 161 got 150k buys and got a $3.15 million gate.

Maybe its true but I just don't see it, every event would surely be different.

Those events were in Canada & Australia

Those people are more interested in and are prepared to pay more for UFC events regardless of quality due to how rare they are

sooo when you ufc gets like 750,000 ppv's and a gate of like 3 mil...why are fighters still only getting small amounts of money if their not main or co main event..

Greed

Would love to see were there getting there sponsorship fees from,i would of thought the ufc got more then 1m a fight in sponsors

UFC sponsors are little league

And a lot of it might just be co-promotion deals

lol. UFC on fox 8 did 700k gate.

Gate + sponsorship covers all expenses, break even point is 0 buys.

Back