UFC plans 13 Brazil events in 2014

Yeah, it's slowly dying in mainstream popularity here, so why not go finger the next best ravenous market?

Wow Dana is really looking to make MMA the second sport of Brazil. In all honestly he might just succeed. After 2014 though I think the UFC should focus more of it's energies in Europe as the US, Brazil and Canada already have MMA established.

UFC has stated in the past that MMA-olypmics type is a longterm goal. So building healthy franchises UFC-Brazil, UFC-Europe, UFC-Japan, etc... all make sense.

This is just the first stage of a global expansion.

Then why did they fire Okami if they want to build a healthy UFC Japan franchise?

And why don't they make a fucking UFC event in Portugal?

Well I guess they gota go where the money is. They don't come to Dallas anyway so they might as well hold events on the moon. As long as I can watch it I'm cool.

Well, I'm certain about one thing, UFC despises Europe.

Then why did they fire Okami if they want to build a healthy UFC Japan franchise?

And why don't they make a fucking UFC event in Portugal?

They aren't moving on Japan aggressively yet. Also UFC-Japan was just a theoretical example. China or simply UFC-Asia could be a sub-org and not Japan. He may have simply been too expensive to keep on given they had no plan to go there yet. Why pay Okami $50k to show up when you can pay five top prospects for $8k to show up?

Won't happen. I guarantee this won't happen. That averages out at 1 event in Brazil per month.. Yeah okay.

In Brasil the UFC fights are Free they don't have to pay for PPV. I think this is more due to having to cater to his TRT fighters than it is about money because clearly you can't make shit down there.

Won't happen. I guarantee this won't happen. That averages out at 1 event in Brazil per month.. Yeah okay.

They've held/are holding 6 events there this year from May-Nov. Not out of the realm of possibility to do 1 event a month. 13 is more than 1 a month though

In Brasil the UFC fights are Free they don't have to pay for PPV. I think this is more due to having to cater to his TRT fighters than it is about money because clearly you can't make shit down there.

yeah they are going to hold 13 events and they are not making money?

my god, the dumbness in this forum never gets worse and worse...

It's because the UFC has a deal with Globo, the same thing they have with Fox, moron.

How the hell do you idiots relate free fights with TRT? It's too much imagination or too much stupidity.

It's because the UFC has a deal with Globo, the same thing they have with Fox, moron.

How the hell do you idiots relate free fights with TRT? It's too much imagination or too much stupidity.

I guess both of them...

Dana must like the coke in brazil. And by coke I mean coca-cola.

My only complaint is that the ufc usually fills out the cards with no make brazilians or set up fights where the locals are getting favorable matches

Not really. There are 2 options:
1. Free fights. These are show by major network Globo. They usually show the last 2 fights (co-main and main event) for 3 events IN A YEAR.
Very few times fights are also shown on Globo's own SportTV channel, that's VERY rare.

2. Cable TV - There's a cable channel, Combate, which costs about USD 30,00 a month on top of the cable TV package you already have.
95% of the fights are shown in this channel. If you think Mike & Joe are stupid commentators, let me tell you, you are blessed for not speaking Portuguese enough to understand Combate's own commentators. On the plus side, since it's a f**ing paid channel at least they show fighters entrances and actually talk about the fights in the intervals instead of showing endless repetitions of over the top ultra loud ads :)

It will be funny if the MMA market turns like the PC market where the US has stagnated and the companies have switched focus to the emerging markets where they can clearly make a lot of money over the new middle class on those countries.

In Brasil the UFC fights are Free they don't have to pay for PPV.

There is no ppv, but who told you that we get ufc fights for free? Americans get way more free fights on fox than we get on globo. waaaaaaay more.

We get like 4-5 fights live in an entire year.... Usually Anderson/Belfort/Aldo...

But like the guy above said, our cable channel is way cheaper than buying all ppvs, and with that channel we get access to every single ufc event, and we can watch every fight there, from the facebook prelims to main event. (costs me something like 22usd per month).

And they are not selling tickets fast for any kind of event.....

Back