UFC on Fox 4/20 card ideas

JAB2013

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With the next UFC on Fox event being announced for San Jose, its probably safe to assume it will feature more Strikeforce fighters migrating to the UFC, and it just so happens 3 of Strikeforce's big names fight out of CA and would be ideal. That's Gilbert Melendez, Luke Rockhold, and Josh Thomson. So keeping that in mind, as well as the Cerrone/Pettis fight on 1/26, I could see the Lightweight title being defended here, with 3 viable options

A. Ben Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis 2 (Most marketable for obvious reasons; also assuming Pettis wins)

B. Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez (2nd most marketable fight because of the 'Champ vs Champ' storyline and Dana already said it was possible)

C. Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone 3 (Least likely unless Cerrone destroys Pettis and Melendez is hurt)

So even though Pettis is a slight underdog to Cerrone, I think most people expect Pettis to win and get his rematch. Or at least thats the fight most people would want to see. So based on that idea, heres my card prediction:

Benson Henderson (c) vs. Anthony Pettis

Gilbert Melendez vs. Gray Maynard (Title Eliminator; Gracie vs AKA)
Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson (both coming off title fight losses; also Gracie vs AKA)
Jake Shields vs. Luke Rockhold (Keeping Gracie vs AKA trend; final 2 Strikeforce MW champs)

Pat Barry vs. Todd Duffee (Fight makes sense with Duffee training at AKA and Barry has a teammate on the card also in Pettis; Plus they're both coming off KO wins)
TJ Dillashaw vs. (TBD)
Lorenz Larkin vs. (TBD)

Dillashaw and Larkin both fight out of CA as well.
Who else would you guys feature and who would you put in against Dillashaw and Larkin?

TLDR: UFC on Fox 4/20 Card predictions, what do you think?

Last edited:
Diaz bros, Thiago silva, Dave Herman and Jake shields should all fight.

Don't ever put Jake Shields on TV.
Benson vs Somebody
Barry vs Duffee
At least those two.

Diaz bros, Thiago silva, Dave Herman and Jake shields should all fight.

Well I only featured Jake Shields, and he'll be off suspension, so.

Edit: Lol just got it, sorry.

If Goldie is still out they should bring Eddie Bravo and Maurojuana in to do some commentary with Joe Rogan and bring back the Bravo scorecard

Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson (both coming off title fight losses; also Gracie vs AKA)

I don't get it. All of Nate's fans said he was going to be the next champ and school Bendo, but since his humiliating PWNING everybody wants to match him up against people who aren't even in the top ten. What gives?

DC vs Mir will headline this card.

Maybe Le gets on the card, Nate Diaz.

DC/Mir
Nate Diaz/Punk
Le/Rockhold

I don't get it. All of Nate's fans said he was going to be the next champ and school Bendo, but since his humiliating PWNING everybody wants to match him up against people who aren't even in the top ten. What gives?

Nate's already fought Miller, Cerrone, Gomi, Maynard, Guillard, and Henderson. Theoretically, Pettis also wouldn't be available and he won't fight Melendez. So who do you want him to fight that's top 10 and coming off a loss? Thomson is coming off a controversial loss to Nate's teammate and trying to prove he belongs in top 10. Nate is trying to rebound from possibly the toughest loss of his career. They're both fighting out of Cali. That's why this fight makes sense.

If it's a 4/20 card we need Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Eddie Bravo, Snoop Dogg, Kat Williams, Woody Harrelson, Willie Nelson and Bill Clinton, even though he doesn't inhale!

DC vs Mir will headline this card.

Maybe Le gets on the card, Nate Diaz.

DC/Mir
Nate Diaz/Punk
Le/Rockhold

I like DC/Mir and Le/Rockhold for the card for sure. I will add them but I think the main event will still be Bendo vs Pettis or Melendez

Benson Henderson (c) vs. (TBD)
Frank Mir vs. Daniel Cormier
Cung Le vs. Luke Rockhold
Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson

Pat Barry vs. Todd Duffee

We'll leave Pettis/Cerrone & Melendez off until that situation is figured out.

Back