• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on Fox 31 Iaquinta vs Lee II

Al likes to dive for leg locks? What fight did he do that in? I must refresh my memory because I can't recall it.
He did it against kevin lee in their previous fight. It's definitely a concern for me too, as kyle says he gives away top position. I doubt he does it in this fight tho.

Comparing 2015 kevin lee to current kevin, he is def on something.

Al likes to dive for leg locks? What fight did he do that in? I must refresh my memory because I can't recall it.
giphy.gif
ImpoliteEvenFlatfish-size_restricted.gif

Fight with Khabib the first takedown was from Khabib holding onto left leg of Al and Al hopping on his right and then going with the momentum falling on the ground trying to catch something maybe an armbar I am not sure. Check it out, it's one minute into the fight.

Wouldn't call that diving for a leglock against Masvidal, he shot for a doubleg and got stuffed and ended up on bottom

Wouldn't call that diving for a leglock against Masvidal, he shot for a doubleg and got stuffed and ended up on bottom
My english is not the best. "Diving" is strong word. I get that you guys thought like literally diving from standing position and directly going to the bottom. I mean that too, yes, but in that word "dive" I added a bunch of other not so clear positions where he prefers to go for low percentage sub and he loses the small window where he could get up... It's not smart against strong wrestler he could lose whole round like that.

EDIT: And I could not find GIF with his real dive attemts, so that is the best next thing. Searching for videos and making gifs myself is very hard and time consuming. :)

I think Miller will either get kicked in the head with a knee or get choked.
I think he's commenting on the logic of that'll happen because "he's taller" and to be fair...I mean come dude...that's...
<{Heymansnicker}>

I think he's commenting on the logic of that'll happen because "he's taller" and to be fair...I mean come dude...that's...
<{Heymansnicker}>
yup upon rereading my own shit, I think it sounds retarded. But that's not what I meant. Usually taller guys, at least from my opinion, have an advantage in grappling. Also, taller fighters use their knees against short opponents when they push their opponents against the fence.

Yeah I think that's right. 45% lee by sub, 10% lee by dec, 40% al by tko, 5% al by dec
Lee had Al's back in their first fight and couldn't finish. I think Lee has a better chance of GnP TKO'ing him.

Lee had Al's back in their first fight and couldn't finish. I think Lee has a better chance of GnP TKO'ing him.
He has incredibly strong hips, it is hard to escape from his mount, and he has long arms he can punch easy with even if he is standing up from your guard. But Al is smarter than Barbosa, he would rather give up his back and fight the choke than be on his back taking hard shots.

MMA Oracle and Kyle Stevens have really brought this betting forum down. Shame really

Damn my ignore list is getting longer and longer - some of the analysis is laughable.

Besides Al and Griffin there is not much I like here. I'll be waiting for the O/U's

I'm on Cummings here because I think he can keep it standing and beat up Smith standing, but I will say that Cummings is not good off his back. That's my only concern. I know he's a black belt, but he's looked pretty bad anytime that I've seen him on his back.

Which fights did he look bad off his back? It seems hes not on his back too often but I agree, I dont want to see hm spend a lot of time there.

would definitely like to know more about your thoughts on griffin.

I just think he has a decent shot from what I've seen. Believe I'm reaching a bit and it's a very small stab

I actually might hit Miller also. Maybe even Miller Rd 1 also

I don't see GREAT value this card like last card though

I managed to pick up Barboza @ evens, just missing 13/10 which he was at initially on one of my books.
His last two bouts have been against elite opposition - in which he took brutal beatings.
The problem for Dan Hooker in this matchup is his limited explosivity in his takedowns, Barboza will be able to do his panic stuff effectively and keep this fight where he wants it.
Im sure its been mentioned here before... but Hooker has never faced a leg kicker of Barboza's pedigree, not even close!

I'm going to play Barboza DEC when props are out, however Barboza RD2/3 may also be intriguing if they pay 8/1 and above.

Make no mistake, leg kicks are going to be Barboza's path to victory in this bout, and if Hooker absorbs even a small number cleanly he's going to be getting desperate for a finish... playing directly into Barbozas speed/explosivity advantage.

Besides Al and Griffin there is not much I like here. I'll be waiting for the O/U's

Iges pressure, clinch and BJJ dont concern you? Griffin is going to have to make great use of his footwork here, stay off the cage and maintain a good distance. Griffins TDD is not bad though, his counter punching looked good as well. Seems Ige can easily win the round off 1 mistake if not finish.

Ige is very quick to try to take the back and hes hard to get off. I was just watching his fight with Braga and I was really impressed with his ability to maintain control even when Braga turned into Iges back mount, he got wrist control as Braga was turning well I'll just post the fight.

Go to 2:30 of the video. I dont know much about Bragas BJJ skills or belt level but it seemed pretty good, I dont think Griffin will be able to escape.

Which fights did he look bad off his back? It seems hes not on his back too often but I agree, I dont want to see hm spend a lot of time there.

He is not there often, but one example was in TUF against Andrews and another is against Prazeres. It's like he can't work back up at all. The Andrews fight is a while ago, but I believe he was already a black belt in BJJ. He really couldn't do anything.

Back