UFC on FOX 28: Stephens vs. Emmett - Main Card PBP Discussion - 8pm ET/5pm PT/1am UK

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
6Lmho0S.jpg

Main Card: (FOX-8pm ET/5pm PT/1am UK)

145lbs- Jeremy Stephens (27-14) vs. Josh Emmett (13-1)
115lbs- Jessica Andrade (17-6) vs. Tecia Torres (10-1)
205lbs- Ilir Latifi (13-5) vs. Ovince Saint Preux (22-10)
170lbs- Mike Perry (11-2) vs. Max Griffin (13-4)

fc9RiCD.png

49028-1374297.png

Great card in comparison to last UFC on FOX. And i don't need to stay till 2 AM to start watching it here in Europe.

49028-1374297.png

Great card in comparison to last UFC on FOX. And i don't need to stay till 2 AM to start watching it here in Europe.

Latifi to go a full 3rds? To a decision?
tenor.gif
Sorry Hanky I see him gassing & sleeping...

tenor.gif

You are probably right but Anderson was winning till he got head kicked in 3rd. OSP doesn't look good against wrestlers and Latifi is a good one. Pedro is good on the ground and Latifi dominated him in his last fight. I'm not sure at all about this pick but I'm counting on a bit of luck here. Otherwise as you said- OSP by KO in 3 rd when Latifi will gas. Good luck mate!

You are probably right but Anderson was winning till he got head kicked in 3rd. OSP doesn't look good against wrestlers and Latifi is a good one. Pedro is good on the ground and Latifi dominated him in his last fight. I'm not sure at all about this pick but I'm counting on a bit of luck here. Otherwise as you said- OSP by KO in 3 rd when Latifi will gas. Good luck mate!

Well you know I'm the last person to be throwing out fight pick advice, I just see Latifi really trying hard to get them take downs and eliminate the distance between them. If he can't get them TD's and keep him down that's a lot of gas used in the cage, it's a interesting style match-up...

Well you know I'm the last person to be throwing out fight pick advice, I just see Latifi really trying hard to get them take downs and eliminate the distance between them. If he can't get them TD's and keep him down that's a lot of gas used in the cage, it's a interesting style match-up...

I'm really close to change my pick right now but we need to have some different picks in order to troll each other afterwards. I'm 80% sure you did this pick right though.

I'm really close to change my pick right now but we need to have some different picks in order to troll each other afterwards. I'm 80% sure you did this pick right though.

The only one I'm kind of getting gun shy about is the main event I really like Emmett he's burned me on a few events and now I'm convinced. Stephens tends to lose his way in fight sometimes and is prone to mistakes, Emmett is a thinking fighter and shows good fight IQ for a guy late to the game.

I'm not sure if I went overboard with the fight finishes is my only worry...

The only one I'm kind of getting gun shy about is the main event I really like Emmett he's burned me on a few events and now I'm convinced. Stephens tends to lose his way in fight sometimes and is prone to mistakes, Emmett is a thinking fighter and shows good fight IQ for a guy late to the game.

I'm not sure if I went overboard with the fight finishes is my only worry...

I like Emmett too, hits hard, good movement. My only problem is that end of round 2 he's breathing with open mouth. Mid 3rd round he's gassed (as Latifi:) and this is a 5 rounder. Stephens is always plodding forward so he gonna catch him with something when Emmett will slow down...i hope

I like Emmett too, hits hard, good movement. My only problem is that end of round 2 he's breathing with open mouth. Mid 3rd round he's gassed (as Latifi:) and this is a 5 rounder. Stephens is always plodding forward so he gonna catch him with something when Emmett will slow down...i hope

<mma4> Fair assessment, now you have me re-thinking (motherf*ker)

tenor.gif
Did he gas and sleep against Tyson Pedro when he mauled him? The dude was practically fresh in the 3rd round, OSP looks like he is dying past 2nd round he even loses his balance sometimes. He also has low output just heavy 1 2 combos and kicks. Highly unlikely that he is going to KO Latifi, Latfii is going to be very economical and careful

saunders is done he's just too slow now and he's not even a gigantic welterweight like he was back in the day.

Back