• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on FOX 23: Valentina Shevchenko vs Julianna Pena PBP (Discussion)

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Valentina_Shevchenko_vs_Julianna_Pena.jpg

Rooting for Julianna. Come at me, bros!

Rootin for Valentina.

Pena is beyond Cringe.

Valentina UD

Damn Shevchenko has come a long way fighting with no legs

Personality-wise, I don't care for Julianna as she seems like another arrogant person with attitude, sort of like a Ronda that likes the media spotlight. Seems petty, but for this reason I hope Valentina wins. I like seeing a consummate martial arts personality shut up a person who oozes a kind of aggressive narcissism. As for analyzing them purely as fighting opponents, I say as usual - may the better fighter win.

pena will win but it should be a good one.

Sloppy version of GSP vs Alves incoming.

Either that or Valentina stops her before the fourth.

If Shevchenko can keep it standing this will be a fun fight. If Pena gets the takedown it will be grapplefuck city. Hard to pick but I'm going with Bullett by decision.

The outcome will depend on whether Schevchenko can keep the fight standing where she clearly has the advantage. Pena is not very technical but she is a strong and if she gets the fight to the ground Shevchenko will be in trouble. Shevchenko has solid defensive grappling but we've seen her struggle at times to stay off her back. Also I suspect Pena will have the cardio advantage so she could very well secure a takedown in the later rounds and finish the fight. I'm rooting for Shevchenko but I have a feeling Pena will finish her in the fourth or fifth.

I hate that this is the main event but

I fully expect Valentina to KTFO of Pena.

Only way Pena wins is by lay & pray IMO

Back