UFC on FOX 23! Denver Baby!!

Aljamain Sterling

White Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Sherdog, what up?!

It's been a while since I've come to post a thread. I have a few questions, if you don't mind leaving your thoughts below.

Good/healthy places to eat in Denver, Colorado?

Where can I rent a car for a good/cheap rate? (I don't need anything fancy at all)

Any recommended "sports" massage therapists around that I can go see?

Are there any cool landmarks to go explore on my down time from training in Denver?

Where do you guys see my fight against Assuncao mostly taking place? (clinch, ground, standing)

What holes do you see in Assuncao's game that I can exploit? (Really curious to hear what others see)

And lastly, I hope you guys are checking out my "Feeding The Streets" Vlog series!! They're on my website AljamainSterling.com and also on FloCombat.

I'm very excited for this match-up against Assuncao, and I can't wait until I get to battle another high level opponent!

SoCalCup2000x700-FredMorledge-1.jpg

wait are you legit ALJO ?

I don't really see a lot of holes in Assuncao's game, maybe his wrestling defense, but he is great from his back

You are awesome. Win all your fights please. Train hard as fuck

Where do you guys see my fight against Assuncao mostly taking place? (clinch, ground, standing)

What holes do you see in Assuncao's game that I can exploit? (Really curious to hear what others see)

As a fan of good fights, I really think a grappling match between the two of you would be very interesting, but as a fan of yours I think that if you can keep this fight either in kicking range or in the clinch, you should be able to wear him down.

Good to hear you're healthy again!

Sherdog, what up?!

It's been a while since I've come to post a thread. I have a few questions, if you don't mind leaving your thoughts below.

Good/healthy places to eat in Denver, Colorado?

Where can I rent a car for a good/cheap rate? (I don't need anything fancy at all)

Any recommended "sports" massage therapists around that I can go see?

Are there any cool landmarks to go explore on my down time from training in Denver?

And lastly, I hope you guys are checking out my "Feeding The Streets" Vlog series!! They're on my website AljamainSterling.com and also on FloCombat.

I'm very excited for this match-up against Assuncao, and I can't wait until I get to battle another high level opponent!

He's got no holes per say you just gotta go out there and mix it up better than he does. He's a technical guy in all aspects but he's got no dynamic ability which is where you shine.

You gotta get some respect with your hands too and not just your kicks cuz he's pretty comfortable in the range and also countering when people come in aggressive. He pivots well and has good TDD but you on paper IMO should have the better wrestling ability and he's going to have to show respect to that but if you make him respect your hands foremost I think the rest of your game will flow and you will be able to out funk him.

I see this fight standing/grappling its up to you to put him on his ass or at least keep him honest that way you could outstrike him in that scenario.

To be honest I hope you been working on your hands you could've imposed your will if you brought them out against Caraway.

This cat doesn't make a lot of mistakes but you gotta force some if you mix it up better. Good luck G.

Last edited:
I don't really see a lot of holes in Assuncao's game, maybe his wrestling defense, but he is great from his back

I think TJ showed a solid blueprint to beat him. And its tough to win fights from your back.

As a fan of good fights, I really think a grappling match between the two of you would be very interesting, but as a fan of yours I think that if you can keep this fight either in kicking range or in the clinch, you should be able to wear him down.

Good to hear you're healthy again!

We have similar thoughts. But fists will fly. Anyone know any cool places to visit while out there at all?

He's got no holes per say you just gotta go out there and mix it up better than he does. He's a technical guy in all aspects but he's got no dynamic ability which is where you shine.

You gotta get some respect with your hands too and not just your kicks cuz he's pretty comfortable in the range and also countering when people come in aggressive. He pivots well and has good TDD but you on paper IMO should have the better wrestling ability and he's going to have to show respect to that but if you make him respect your hands foremost I think the rest of your game will flow and you will be able to out funk him.

I see this fight standing/grappling its up to you to put him on his ass or at least keep him honest that way you could outstrike him in that scenario.

To be honest I hope you been working on your hands you could've imposed your will if you brought them out against Caraway.

This cat doesn't make a lot of mistakes but you gotta force some of you mix to up better. Good luck G.

This was actually very spot on. He's very technical in that he doesn't make mistakes, so I will have to force him into scrambles, get him to over commit on punches and kicks, and to shoot for TD's out of range, and I'll be able to create the openings. The sad truth is I never feel the need to box, because my kicks have always been effective in setting up my TD's. I can actually box when I want to, but I don't. We get some pretty good boxing, and kickboxing battles in at the gym, but I always take the "easier" route in the fight. This one won't be easy, and I'm prepared for that. If my kicks don't work, we're mentally prepared to switch gears and put some paws on him, clinch, and out scramble to get the W.
I should've cudda, wudda had a dominate win over BC if I wasn't so hell bent on proving I was the better grappler. Lessons learned. Don't do 2 a days all fight week, and don't do 3 workouts the day of the fight. Sad truth.

This was actually very spot on. He's very technical in that he doesn't make mistakes, so I will have to force him into scrambles, get him to over commit on punches and kicks, and to shoot for TD's out of range, and I'll be able to create the openings. The sad truth is I never feel the need to box, because my kicks have always been effective in setting up my TD's. I can actually box when I want to, but I don't. We get some pretty good boxing, and kickboxing battles in at the gym, but I always take the "easier" route in the fight. This one won't be easy, and I'm prepared for that. If my kicks don't work, we're mentally prepared to switch gears and put some paws on him, clinch, and out scramble to get the W.
I should've cudda, wudda had a dominate win over BC if I wasn't so hell bent on proving I was the better grappler. Lessons learned. Don't do 2 a days all fight week, and don't do 3 workouts the day of the fight. Sad truth.
Can't believe nobody saw Caraway hook the fence to affect position, referee really fucked up with that one.

You almost beat the shit out of Floyd for hitting on your girl, hespect for that. Also, tell Wonderboy that he is the future WW champ.

50-45 Wonderboy in the rematch.

Bad mamma jamma! I have no doubt you're gonna pull it off big man.

Bad mamma jamma! I have no doubt you're gonna pull it off big man.
All I can do is train hard, train smart, and bring my A game. I really can't wait for this. This the type of match up that gets me really motivated.

Last edited:
Back