UFC on FOX 22: VanZant vs. Waterson Prelims PBP (Discussion) 3:30 pm ET/12:30pm PT/8:30pm UK

This is about exactly what i expected for Sultan. He'll do this to anyone that isn't a highly skilled American wrestler. Not sure what the matchmaker expected. Sultan will do this in every fight unless they find a lower fighter that may be able to wrestle to a scramble and crack him.

When waz the first time you've been blanketed? Vel... I'm going to raise my handz in victory anyway.

Yeah, putting all your chips on the table looking for submissions from guard isn't really effective anymore. Most effective guard-play seems to be using the threat of submissions/sweeps to create a scramble which produces the space needed to stand up.

Not just that, but initiating the wrestling exchange in the beginning of 3rd round was dumb, he needed a KO.

Bad fight from Bojan. Still has problems with wrestling and his striking is still pretty choppy. Like he is afraid to stand in the pocket to throw combos.Don't know why, with few good combos he could've won this fight and maybe even finish Sultan

Bojan probably gets cut. 29-28 Sultan

Why is this so early? NFL tonight or other reason?

I am way to sober for this shit right now.

Boo!!!! Give it to the dude going for subs. Fuck the blanket

Gotta drink more now just to try and erase this travesty of a fight.

Member when full mount was pretty much a guaranteed finish?
Yeah, but it seems like that era faded around 2006/2007. Maybe a little later. But while there's exceptions, you don't really see finishes just from ground and pound that much anymore, usually only after a guy has been dropped on his feet.

i'm putting a request in for a boring emoji for fights that need them. If anyone has any good pics/gifs let me know.

@Jackonfire suggested this. I think it's a great one. lol

raw
tenor.gif

This is about exactly what i expected for Sultan. He'll do this to anyone that isn't a highly skilled American wrestler. Not sure what the matchmaker expected. Sultan will do this in every fight unless they find a lower fighter that may be able to wrestle to a scramble and crack him.

I picked against him because of his age, but homeboy looked like he could go 5 just wrasslin and grapplin

13 strikes landed. Fuck

Colby Covington is getting too high on the card at this point but if he has to fight Sultan at some point that's not the worst matchup.

I will masturbate to Aliev's unconscious body with joy whenever he gets knocked out, just because of the 15 mins he just stole from my life.

On to the next one..

Yeah, but it seems like that era faded around 2006/2007. Maybe a little later. But while there's exceptions, you don't really see finishes just from ground and pound that much anymore, usually only after a guy has been dropped on his feet.

Evolution of the MMA game before our eyes

Back