UFC on ESPN+ 27 PBP/Discussion Topic

I was quite wrong about Fig. :( Poor Joe B, tho. Never going to be champ. If he was still with Duane he maybe would've won this fight or at least survive long enough 'till Deiveson gasses out? His striking was more calculated and thoughfull when Ludwig was his striking coach.

Cutelaba surprised me a lot. I thought this guy could at least slip a punch or two... He is fucking terrible when facing better strikers who are equally or close to his athleticism. Khalil was dialing him up and he had to shoot a takedown, otherwise he was going to get knocked out. Even Antigulov was giving him some trouble in the stand up. The only thing that bugs me is that the ref should've let Ankalaev to knock him the fuck out.

Dumont is a clinch and trip takedown artist, but this shit works well on smaller, shorter girls (who don't know what to do). Once she spend all her energy trying to take down Megan, she had no plan B. Megan's body language looked like she was scared the whole time, tho.

Breeze fought the dumbest way he could think of. I don't know how he came up with the idea to tangle up with a guy that wins all his fights on the ground?

The only fight I was right was Felicia Spencer with her win inside the 1st round. But it didn't look very good if I have to be honest. I was expecting a lot quicker finish.

I have two questions: Is Joe B free money @ his current odds? Isn't he better at everything than Fugueiredo?
and
How much Felicia Spencer is Norma Dumont?
Dude no way, he is 35 years old.. thats like 45 in heavy Weight. Figueredo will ko him
I like Sean Brady, he has good boxing, cardio,volume and tdd to win a dec against Naurdiev
Wik is right once again!

Last edited:
I was quite wrong about Fig. :( Poor Joe B, tho. Never going to be champ. If he was still with Duane he maybe would've won this fight or at least survive long enough 'till Deiveson gasses out? His striking was more calculated and thoughfull when Ludwig was his striking coach.

Cutelaba surprised me a lot. I thought this guy could at least slip a punch or two... He is fucking terrible when facing better strikers who are equally or close to his athleticism. Khalil was dialing him up and he had to shoot a takedown, otherwise he was going to get knocked out. Even Antigulov was giving him some trouble in the stand up. The only thing that bugs me is that the ref should've let Ankalaev to knock him the fuck out.

Dumont is a clinch and trip takedown artist, but this shit works well on smaller, shorter girls (who don't know what to do). Once she spend all her energy trying to take down Megan, she had no plan B. Megan's body language looked like she was scared the whole time, tho.

Breeze fought the dumbest way he could think of. I don't know how he came up with the idea to tangle up with a guy that wins all his fights on the ground?

The only fight I was right was Felicia Spencer with her win inside the 1st round. But it didn't look very good if I have to be honest. I was expecting a lot quicker finish.

Wik is right once again!
Yeah @Wiktoruspro has some good takes lately, perhaps he's not wrong at times when he says fighter has 1% chance to win. A few fighters today looked like that.

Weird stoppages yesterday. Maybe I'm off because I saw it in person but VA athletic commission seemed to be avoiding any blood or concussions. Ankalaev had Ion rocked and wobbled with those kicks even though they were partly blocked.
Bad stoppage to me seemed like Ion was firing back when the ref stepped in.
It was fun to join the "let them fight" chant after that terrible stoppage.
Just woke up in the hotel, time to get the hell outta Virginia before I hear banjos 0.o

Last edited:
Sure he looked old in face but he was kinda whooping Figs ass. Landed hard clean shots, way more volume and out scrambled him.

You could say he had a good first round, but I actually felt pretty damn comfortable with Fig in that first round. Benavidez was darting in and out a lot, but he wasn't really making Fig use a lot of energy. He couldn't get Fig to open up to where he'd land the takedowns. You could see that he was really trying to draw Fig out and make him throw + miss more. The style he was using left him open several times and was honestly pretty reckless. I really think this relates back to him fighting so many grapplers. He's fought a lot of fighters who aren't a big threat to him standing so he can get away with that. I think this was a nightmare stylistic matchup for him - especially considering Fig can grapple as well. There were no areas to really exploit - most were just hoping Fig gassed where there really isn't evidence that shows he would do that.

You could say he had a good first round, but I actually felt pretty damn comfortable with Fig in that first round. Benavidez was darting in and out a lot, but he wasn't really making Fig use a lot of energy. He couldn't get Fig to open up to where he'd land the takedowns. You could see that he was really trying to draw Fig out and make him throw + miss more. The style he was using left him open several times and was honestly pretty reckless. I really think this relates back to him fighting so many grapplers. He's fought a lot of fighters who aren't a big threat to him standing so he can get away with that. I think this was a nightmare stylistic matchup for him - especially considering Fig can grapple as well. There were no areas to really exploit - most were just hoping Fig gassed where there really isn't evidence that shows he would do that.
I mean I was on Fig too and the first round didn't make me sweat much. I was pretty much expecting a Yoel vs Bobby 2 style matchup where Fig would do essentially nothing but try to land the perfect bomb.

Wooo finally made it home. Apologies to any traveling south on I-95 this morning hope ya'll find those doors I blew off, the ss Ragamuffin was rolling.

Shout out to @Oblivian. I believe you had a post detailing how Joe leaves himself open moving in. Seems like a typical wrestler thing leading with the head, great catch.
Looked like Joe got hurt first by a headbutt leaning in before the big right got him.
Between you Wiki and a few others I was convinced to hedge with Fig KO and it probably saved my night.
Great read man, thanks for sharing.

Oh cool thing, I meet Luis Pena's dad before his fight. Didn't even realize it.
Feels dumb I didnt, he is in the very beginning of this video wearing a shirt that says "My son Luis Pena". Oddly enough his dad and I were wearing the same hat lol.

He was talking about Pena in the men's room and I walked by and said.
"Pena? Yeah I've got money on him I think he gets the wins"

Not sure what he thought of that but now I have half an idea where that amazing ginger afro came from. Here is Pena hugging the brother he meet just last week after the fight for you degens with a heart.

Back