• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC on ABC 3 - Ortega vs. Rodriguez: Official PBP Discussion - 11:00 a.m ET/8:00 a.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you a Sens fan? Can't remember.

Love what they did recently

Debrincat huge fleecing.
Giroux nice signing.
Norris maybe overpay but I think he can live up to it, or at least get close.

Much better offseason than last year when they drafted Tyler Boucher at 10, yikes.
I was a big fan like 20 years ago. Still follow them but pretty casually.

They're having a great offseason though. Will probably be watching with interest next year.

More legitimate than Emmett's win over Katar. Give Yair the shot.

It was good while it lasted :)
I'm unsure on all of this, need time to think about it all

cat.gif

It sucks when a injury happens in the main event and its over before its even begun, because no other fights to make things better

This is the correct answer.

I've watched the replay carefully and Brian's arm was not in any real danger. Everyone else who's spent significant time grappling will know exactly that. It wasn't locked in and it was not a difficult yank.

You are seeing a guy who has already had his shoulder dislocated do it much easier a second or third time. Unfortunately once it happens, repeat injury is very likely.

I don't think anyone serious is equating it to a clean sub. But it also can't be equated with a complete freak injury because the injury was a direct result of the opponent's offensive action.

I equate it to a blocked kick that breaks the arm. Kick didn't land on its intended target and the defender did the right thing and had bad luck, but it was still ultimately the guy on offence that caused the injury.

There needs to be better balance in the narrative. Not completely clean, not a complete freak accident.

Such a mind-boggling trade for the Hawks.

Only thing I can think of is they want to tank so Toews and Kane want to leave lol.
Trades like that are sickening lol. Can't let guys like that go. Shithawks are in full freefall since the Coach Q years... and even then behind the scenes

This is the correct answer.

I've watched the replay carefully and Brian's arm was not in any real danger. Everyone else who's spent significant time grappling will know exactly that. It wasn't locked in and it was not a difficult yank.

You are seeing a guy who has already had his shoulder dislocated do it much easier a second or third time. Unfortunately once it happens, repeat injury is very likely.
Yup it is unfortunate. I got a buddy who's dislocated his shoulder so many times he literally had it dislocate by getting hit by a soft wave at the beach. Just a straight snowball effect. Wish Ortega as best of a recovery as he can. He is a straight warrior.

Those Su Mudaerji elbows though, how did Schnell keeping waking back up after all those?

I don't think anyone serious is equating it to a clean sub. But it also can't be equated with a complete freak injury because the injury was a direct result of the opponent's offensive action.

I equate it to a blocked kick that breaks the arm. Kick didn't land on its intended target and the defender did the right thing and had bad luck, but it was still ultimately the guy on offence that caused the injury.

There needs to be better balance in the narrative. Not completely clean, not a complete freak accident.

This is just not accurate if you've spent a suitable amount of time training in BJJ.

The arm was in virtually no danger and that submission was never locked in. Nothing really happened.

Friction of just pulling your arm out, which is an all day everyday thing in BJJ with even the lowest skilled people training, does not make your shoulder pop out. Yair came up immediately to check on him because something totally unexplained happened. He never yanked on the arm, he never even straightened it.

Its a win because it's Brian's job to show up with a healthy shoulder. Just how it goes, but this is a freak thing not a 'submission'

Trades like that are sickening lol. Can't let guys like that go. Shithawks are in full freefall since the Coach Q years... and even then behind the scenes
The Dach trade for picks was good though.

Nazar > Dach imo, and they got another 1st as well and picked Rinzel who should be a regular NHLer one day

Shit im still bummed we didnt get more out of that fight. Such an anticlimactic ending.

Very unfortunate ending. Hope they run it back. We deserve a great battle between these two. Both are top guys in the division and have great mutual respect for each other. These stuff happens. That's life.

Enjoy the rest of the day guys.

All the people saying 'just run it back' don't seem to realize that at the rate these two fight, we'll be seeing that rematch in 2025.

Yair nearly beat Max. He just got a win over Ortega. The people that think Emmett has 'earned' his shot forget that he arguably lost his last two fights to lower competition.

Volk vs Yair is at least somewhat interesting. Emmett has nothing for Volk.

Very unfortunate ending. Hope they run it back. We deserve a great battle between these two. Both are top guys in the division and have great mutual respect for each other. These stuff happens. That's life.

Enjoy the rest of the day guys.

it wasnt looking good for ortega on the feet

Back