UFC Needs to evolve to a RANKING system.

The injury rate makes the rankings kind of useless.

In light of the new title shot system, they should make a ranking system based a fighter's draw power.
They already do this, it's called their salary, and it's the most important ranking system of all.

It's sports entertainment and most people with a brain realize this now. It will never be a real sport until they devise a codified ranking system.

The UFC does not and has not operated like a real sport in years.

MMA is too fluid for a meaningful ranking system, and other than the egregious title shots given to Sonnen and Diaz, I think the UFC does a pretty good job of giving the champs the best guy.

Are you aware that the UFC does not have, and has never had, and probably will never have a monopoly on MMA? I'm seriously asking.

No point in answering if you are that ignorant. But just to give you 1 example, he has merged and bought out all the top competition over the last couple of years. Something that wouldnt happen in most corporate entities today due to anti-trust laws that prohibit mergers that lesson competition. If you want to say all the lower entity MMA organizations are your answer, then your opinion is flawed. Maybe the UFC hasnt achieved 100% monopoly , but its up there.

So the UFC should pay people to rank fighters? How is that any better than any other rankings out there?

And this stuff about making sure guys fight certain guys a certain number of times a year is gibberish. It's not that simple to promote fights. You have to contend with injuries, scheduling hundreds of fighters and fights per year, whether a guy can or will take a particular fight, and appealing to the fans.

This isn't team sports where teams play according to a set schedule that can only be affected by a national disaster.

No point in answering if you are that ignorant. But just to give you 1 example, he has merged and bought out all the top competition over the last couple of years. Something that wouldnt happen in most corporate entities today due to anti-trust laws that prohibit mergers that lesson competition. If you want to say all the lower entity MMA organizations are your answer, then your opinion is flawed. Maybe the UFC hasnt achieved 100% monopoly , but its up there.

Thank you for calling me ignorant. However, the UFC being at this time the best organization with the top fighters still doesn't make it a monopoly. The fact that their competition is comprised of lesser organizations doesn't make the UFC a monopoly. I learned this by ignorantly reading a book on monopoly law.

If you combined all the injuries these last year with a ranking system you'd have an even bigger clusterfuck of an organisation then you have now.

Anyone non-retarded would realize this within seconds while pondering this idea.

Thank you for calling me ignorant. However, the UFC being at this time the best organization with the top fighters still doesn't make it a monopoly. The fact that their competition is comprised of lesser organizations doesn't make the UFC a monopoly. I learned this by ignorantly reading a book on monopoly law.

By your logic, the ATT/Tmobile merger would have happened. There is plenty of smaller cell phone companies like boost mobile and straight talk and Verizon, STILL the Antitrust section of DOJ and FCC didnt allow the merger to happen for the same reason, lessening the competition etc.

The FTC also investigated Zuffa after they bought Strikeforce, they didnt find enough evidence to do anything but they are dangerously close to being sanctioned by AntiTrust laws. They didnt investigate Zuffa for no reason, they are on the border of being hit with these laws

You forget the BIGGEST issue with ranking....MONEY! You don't want the #1 vs #2 when the #32 guy is a loudmouth and would make the bosses a lot more $$ fighting #1!

agreed.

you can't blame the fighters, when it was the ufc that began to reward fighters for talking trash to hype fights.

if you are not an exciting fighter, a guy who finishes, or a trash talker...you're going to be left behind.

If you combined all the injuries these last year with a ranking system you'd have an even bigger clusterfuck of an organisation then you have now.

Anyone non-retarded would realize this within seconds while pondering this idea.

anyone no-retarded would have read the thread and seen that injuries are taken into account.

No, they're not. Not in a real-life applicable way, anyway.

not in ur opinion anyways. in mine, yes. injuries suck but bad luck wont log jam or hinder a division like now happens on regular basis. my suggestion keeps things moving.

might as well ask them to fight in tournaments.

not in ur opinion, anyways. in mine, yes injuries suck but bad luck wont log jam or hinder a division like now happens on regular basis. my suggestion keeps things moving.

How does it keep things moving? All it does is keep it moving on paper, not in the real life. Why would people care if someone else is the champion if say, Anderson has a 9 month hiatus? It would just make it messy and actually make people take it less serious as a sport.

Your system is geared towards people who thinks stuff like rankings and who is top P4P has any actual real world relevance when it doesn't.

Back