UFC needs more HWs

LHWBelt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The HW division for the most part seems really weak to me. I'd like to see the UFC make a concentrated effort to inject some guys in there and see who fits. Here's 15 guys I'd like to see in the UFC and for what reason.

Damien Grabowski (18-1) -Great record with only a loss to Konrad. Well rounded/tough.
Alexey Oleinik (46-9-1) - I don't think he'll do great but I think he's earned a shot.
Peter Graham (8-5-1) - 38 year old striker, great fights with Barry/Hunt/JDS available.
Konstantin Gluhov (26-12) - Another powerful striker, similar reason as Graham. 20 KOs.
Magomed Malikov (7-2) - Russian prospect with wins over Aleks and Monson.
Mike Kyle (20-10-1-2) - Exciting fights win or lose.
Kenny Garner (12-4) - Pretty good M-1 American fighter.
Satoshi Ishii (9-2-1) - 26 year old Olympian. Enough said.
Ryan Martinez (10-3) - Young and has promise with his power.
Maro Perak (23-3-1) - Big record in Europe. Would be interesting to see what he has.
Shamil Abdurahimov (14-2) - Needs to be in UFC. Very talented.
Tony Johnson (7-1) - Tough fighter, only loss to Daniel Cormier.
Ruslan Magomedov (10-1) - Young talented Russian with a few good wins.
Anthony Hamilton (11-2) - Big 265 fighter, talent being a wildcard though.
Cody East (7-1) - Pretty good prospect with only loss to Tony Lopez.

Do you guys agree with the UFC signing these guys? If not who would you like to see them add to HW.

No one here has enough knowledge to form an educated opinion. But I agree they should all be added to the roster for no other reason than why the hell not.

Steve Mocco and Tony Johnson would be two solid signings.

They have been signing some HW's lately, picked up Walt Harris and Jared Rosholt.

Steve Mocco and Tony Johnson would be two solid signings.

They have been signing some HW's lately, picked up Walt Harris and Jared Rosholt.

Forgot about Mocco ya he would be a solid add. I like the Harris and Rosholt editions too.

Some of those bros are losing over in Bellator. Some of those bros are Euros who haven't had the greatest competition. Ishii is still on his retired UFC HW champion tour, Kyle just got beat by Arlovski.

Not to say some wouldn't be fun additions but have a lot of chance to have a lot more Soa/Krylov fights if we start letting every HW with a winning record in.

UFC HW division is aging, most are 30 or over and we will probably lose Mir, Overeem, Nelson, Nog, and Werdum to retirement in the next 3-5 years. Sign all the HWs that are not locked down with rigged contracts and hope for the best IMO.

UFC needs more HWs

37804351.jpg

Seriously though. I agree with you. Even an TUF season for HWs. Anything just to help fill out the top 15 with people better than Soa and Lavar.

Put together a heavyweight TUF with all those guys you listed on it :icon_lol:

It's a pity Peter Graham's record isn't stastically great. His losses are all at the beginning of his career and he's on a 7 fight win streak (plus a recent win on that tarded Combat event with the weird rules). He's gone from 1-5 to 8-5 since July 2010 including a win over Aleks and his kickboxing credentials stack up with wins over Mark Hunt, Badr Hari, Rony Sefo, Paul Slowinski and a heap of other top kickboxers.

If Hunt loses to Bigfoot I think him vs. Graham on the next Australian UFC card would be alright, otherwise I can't see a situation in which they'd sign him.

Bring back Anthony Johnson on the condition that he doesn't fight anywhere but at HW.

UFC could have a rocking HW division if they really tried. They really messed up letting guys like Kongo and Lavar go. Those guys are warriors and come to fight every single time. Personally Ill take a decent HW fight of lower tier guys like Oli Thompson or Barry over any flyweight or Frankie Edgar fight.

Grahm, Gluhov, Grabowski, East Brothers, Beast Boy, Garner, Mocco, and others listed in OP should all be in the UFC.

Nah, both are old and don't have many more years left, plus Lavar is one dimensional and Kongo has been in his fair share of shit fights. Young, athletic HWs, that is who the UFC should look for. HW is still one of the more popular divisions so they really need to keep this already talent weak divisions stacked.

You're probably not going to find many people who disagree.

The HW division for the most part seems really weak to me. I'd like to see the UFC make a concentrated effort to inject some guys in there and see who fits. Here's 15 guys I'd like to see in the UFC and for what reason.

Damien Grabowski (18-1) -Great record with only a loss to Konrad. Well rounded/tough.
Alexey Oleinik (46-9-1) - I don't think he'll do great but I think he's earned a shot.
Peter Graham (8-5-1) - 38 year old striker, great fights with Barry/Hunt/JDS available.
Konstantin Gluhov (26-12) - Another powerful striker, similar reason as Graham. 20 KOs.
Mike Kyle (20-10-1-2) - Exciting fights win or lose.
Kenny Garner (12-4) - Pretty good M-1 American fighter.
Satoshi Ishii (9-2-1) - 26 year old Olympian. Enough said.
Ryan Martinez (10-3) - Young and has promise with his power.
Maro Perak (23-3-1) - Big record in Europe. Would be interesting to see what he has.
Shamil Abdurahimov (14-2) - Needs to be in UFC. Very talented.
Tony Johnson (7-1) - Tough fighter, only loss to Daniel Cormier.
Ruslan Magomedov (10-1) - Young talented Russian with a few good wins.
Anthony Hamilton (11-2) - Big 265 fighter, talent being a wildcard though.
Cody East (7-1) - Pretty good prospect with only loss to Tony Lopez.

Do you guys agree with the UFC signing these guys? If not who would you like to see them add to HW.

They also need...

Steve Rocco (5-0)
Guram Gugeneshvili (11-2)
Karol Bedorf (10-2)
Ante Delija (8-0)
Richard Odoms (8-1)
Marcin Tybura (8-0)
Chaban Ka (6-1-1)
Chris Birchler (5-0)
Smealinho Rama (6-1)
Michal Kita (14-7)
Caio Alencar (6-0)
Eric Smith (7-0)
Chris Barnett (7-1)

Lots of great HW prospects there.

Damien Grabowski (18-1) -Great record with only a loss to Konrad. Well rounded/tough. I think Bellator might still have his contract

Alexey Oleinik (46-9-1) - I don't think he'll do great but I think he's earned a shot. agreed

Peter Graham (8-5-1) - 38 year old striker, great fights with Barry/Hunt/JDS available. agreed
Konstantin Gluhov (26-12) - Another powerful striker, similar reason as Graham. 20 KOs. agreed

Under M-1 contract needs more seasoning

Mike Kyle (20-10-1-2) - Exciting fights win or lose. agree but would rather see him at 205 again.
Kenny Garner (12-4) - Pretty good M-1 American fighter. Meh

Satoshi Ishii (9-2-1) - 26 year old Olympian. Enough said. Dana still butt hurt at him but I agree.
Ryan Martinez (10-3) - Young and has promise with his power. Fatty bommbalatty with no jaw..but still agreed

Maro Perak (23-3-1) - Big record in Europe. Would be interesting to see what he has. Agreed

Shamil Abdurahimov (14-2) - Needs to be in UFC. Very talented. Super agreed
Tony Johnson (7-1) - Tough fighter, only loss to Daniel Cormier. Agreed

Ruslan Magomedov (10-1) - Young talented Russian with a few good wins. Meh I wanna see him vs. a Rizzo or another played out heavyweight first

Anthony Hamilton (11-2) - Big 265 fighter, talent being a wildcard though. See above

Cody East (7-1) - Pretty good prospect with only loss to Tony Lopez. See above, but I wanna see Tony Lopez at 205 in UFC

All in all good picks. I would also add Chris Birchler and Brenden Barret.

if the fighter is under 30, is not under contract which the fighter can not break (which some are on your list) and has a decent record.... then sign them.

shit they can't look any worse than Soa and krylov (however it's spelt)

Sure it def needs beefing up with HWs that have some cardio

I would love to see Satoshi Ishii in the UFC as well, but not sure if he'd have more success as a LHW or as a HW. He's pretty small for HW, so he could go either way if he wanted to.

Put together a heavyweight TUF with all those guys you listed on it :icon_lol:

It's a pity Peter Graham's record isn't stastically great. His losses are all at the beginning of his career and he's on a 7 fight win streak (plus a recent win on that tarded Combat event with the weird rules). He's gone from 1-5 to 8-5 since July 2010 including a win over Aleks and his kickboxing credentials stack up with wins over Mark Hunt, Badr Hari, Rony Sefo, Paul Slowinski and a heap of other top kickboxers.

If Hunt loses to Bigfoot I think him vs. Graham on the next Australian UFC card would be alright, otherwise I can't see a situation in which they'd sign him.

Peter Graham has signed with Bellator.

I figure, if you sign like 20 HW's, a couple have to be top 10 material at least. Right?

Back