UFC MUST create the 145 WMMA division!

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So, Cyborg can take that belt and then it will also open up the possibility for a fight with Ronda.

get a load of the loser that reads sherdog articles.

Please God no. 145 has less talent than 135 and Bellator already has a 145 division. Cyborg can go there if she really can't make 135.

a 145 division in the UFC would be the worst thing that ever happened in the history of earth. Except the hail storm of 98' in Calgary, that was bad.

3 great men were lost that day, that's a hail storm that I'll never forget.

I would like a 145 division but it's so thin right now all it would do is cannibalize the 135 division with fighters moving up to fight there. We have a hard enough time finding divisional contenders for Ronda without having fighters leave the division for those nearby.

who is at 145 that's legit other than cyborg and coenen ???

145 is just too thin.

Here's an exercise... if Cyborg is #1 at 145, who would be the rest of the top 5 and what are their records?

In spite of the talent shortage at 135, at least the 135ers have decent records by the time they get to a Rousey fight. You're not impressing anyone if someone in your top 5 has a 6-5 record.

No more WMMA. I already stopped buying PPV's once WMMA was introduced. When Ronda leaves they will have to get rid of it. Go watch WNBA or something if you love watching women flounder around in sports.

No more WMMA. I already stopped buying PPV's once WMMA was introduced. When Ronda leaves they will have to get rid of it. Go watch WNBA or something if you love watching women flounder around in sports.

"Stopped buying PPVs"

Says the guy that probably streams all the fights anyway.

Fake activism at its best.

You know what is Cyborg had never popped hot, they would probably consider it.

but you cant create a division around someone who is tainted and hasn't shown to be a draw. add in its a super weak division.

recipe for failure.

145 is just too thin.

Here's an exercise... if Cyborg is #1 at 145, who would be the rest of the top 5 and what are their records?

In spite of the talent shortage at 135, at least the 135ers have decent records by the time they get to a Rousey fight. You're not impressing anyone if someone in your top 5 has a 6-5 record.

Bethe was like 10-0 with her best wins being Jessamyn Duke and a shot Bazler,while Rose is 2-2...

Records mean nothing.You can be 0-3 because you faced Cyborg 3 times and be a better fighter than someone who's 20-0.

It doesn't matter if it's thin in the beginning. It has to first exist and then new fighters will definitely appear.

It doesn't matter if it's thin in the beginning. It has to first exist and then new fighters will definitely appear.

This is why I would like to see it. I'm just worried about the cannibalizing aspect.

There is a bottom floor though for "it has to exist." I think it could do with a little more grooming in Invicta first. The thing that made 135 interesting to bring in with Rousey was that there were quite a lot of fights that made sense to make. At least for the short-term, there were fights to be had. What fights are there to make for Cyborg within her own division if they bring in 145? I can't even think of anything, to be honest. I think a few fights need to make themselves apparent so you can kickstart the division with a bang.

Bethe was like 10-0 with her best wins being Jessamyn Duke and a shot Bazler,while Rose is 2-2...

Records mean nothing.You can be 0-3 because you faced Cyborg 3 times and be a better fighter than someone who's 20-0.

Bethe wasn't top 5. And who is this fighter with a 6-5 record that faced Cyborg 3 times?

The top 5 are Zingano, Davis, Tate, McMann and Kaufman. All of them have legitimate wins and records against solid competition. Kaufman and Tate are both former Strikeforce bantamweight champions.

Once again, show me the equivalent for 145....

and screw making a division for Cyborg unless they make a womans heavyweight division.

like 150+ and let Gabi bulk up.

Cyborg would run from that fight also.

Even if they made a 145 lb division that doesn't make the Ronda fight happen. So now we are stuck with a division with 3 good fighters and still no Ronda vs Cyborg.

Or... and I'm just throwing this crazy idea out there. If Cyborg wants to fight Bantamweights, she could make Bantamweight.

fuck that. the UFC should just make an absolute belt for both men and women. That would allow cyborg to fight Gabi Garcia and Chris huggy bear Barnett to fight on the big stage state side. would be a great belt to let jbj challenge for whenever he got back or fedor if the ufc actually managed to get em.

never will happen though. pride is dead and the present-zuffa era is a whole different horse race.

You realize there are like Four girls at that weight right? Ain't happening.

Back