UFC Master Series

I believe in the fight game when you're done just stay done. It's not like old timer league hockey where you can have Bobby Hull and Bobby Orr skating around giving the old time fans one last hoorah. Your health is at steak here and I don't need to see one of my all time favorites like Chuck Liddell further damage and sacrifice his body and health for my entertainment when there's no real gain in it for anybody especially him. Let's let them enjoy their post fight life and let them close that chapter of their personal history.

I believe in the fight game when you're done just stay done. It's not like old timer league hockey where you can have Bobby Hull and Bobby Orr skating around giving the old time fans one last hoorah. Your health is at steak here and I don't need to see one of my all time favorites like Chuck Liddell further damage and sacrifice his body and health for my entertainment when there's no real gain in it for anybody especially him. Let's let them enjoy their post fight life and let them close that chapter of their personal history.

Great points....

I always love a healthy sirloin.... :p

I'm thinking it would be nearly impossible for state athletic commissions to sanction fights between 50-year old men.

Fb fights
Tim Sylvia vs kimbo slice
matt sera vs sukuraba

Fx

tank abbot vs
Keith hackney

Ruas vs miletech

Aoki vs pulver

Ken shamrock vs frank shamrock

Main card

Matt hughes vs Phil baroni

arvloski vs mirko.cro.cop

coleman vs bas rutten

Randy couture vs kevin randleman

Chuck liddell vs tito ortiz (co main event)

Fedor vs brock

It doesn't sound great I don't want to see a70 yr old Fedor fighting a 70 yr old Brock if you know what I mean just for your entertainment.

Didn't YAMMA Pit Fighting play with this idea a bit already?

40+ years old
Headgear and 8oz gloves.
4:30 5 minute rounds
1 Masters Challenge fight per card
Preliminary only.
Automatic draw if time limit elapses

Go

Randy would hold everyone into the cage to the Elderly Championship

Once I heard Wanderlei saying that he wants to support an MMA event for retired/"old" professional fighters. I think it would be great, and UFC could buy this idea. Imagine how nice it would be: Fedor vs. Brock Lesner, and so on... Many fighters retire because they cannot compete with the standard level of UFC, and they prefer to retire than destroy their record and legacy, but they can still entertain with more competitive fights for them, and other rules. How about 3 rounds of 3 minutes? I guess many legends would come back from retirement just to have fun. Doesn't it sound great?

Sounds awesome! but I think that Fedor truly doesn't want to come back :\ and Brock is afraid of getting further injured after his second battle? with diverticulitis.

I wouldn't want to see Fedor lose now that he's totally washed up. Brock wasn't washed up, he just wasn't top dog. Prime versus Prime Fedor makes Brock his bitch. Now? Brock smashes Fedor.

Fedor would smash Brock anyday.

Couldn't they just bypass that by having the fights in Japan or some other country that doesn't regulate that much?

Instead of only having shot legends fight other shot legends they should just be honest about how good the fighter is now and make competitive matchups for them instead of having them only fighting other former champs or contenders.

It would be santioned just fine if they fought under ammy rules with head gear. I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

Back