UFC London will be my first live event

I’ve been to a few UFC events. You’ll probably be watching the big screens quite a bit, especially if your seats are up a ways. Not hearing the commentary is weird at first, but you’ll adjust quickly. I think being there live helps with pacing as well. I’ve been to a couple Bellator shows too, and they don’t drag nearly as badly when you’re there live. I’ve had a blast at every live event I’ve been to, you’ll definitely have a good time. And yeah, you’ll probably see some fighters in the crowd and walking around.

I've been to 3 UFC cards. The first one was in the nosebleeds and yes, I spent 80% of the time watching on the big screen instead of into the cage. It was a good card card with alot of finishes, but if you're going to be there I think it should be from the lower level only. Last two events I went to were lower level (not cage side or floor seats) and I enjoyed the experience much more.

Make sure you get absolutely shit-faced so you can enjoy yourself to the fullest. Live shows are a blast.

I don't think a lot of the posters IIT have been to a live event.

Or maybe their arena sucks.

I've been on the upper deck, lower deck and up in the boxes for UFC.

All were great, never got stuck watching the monitors, enjoyed every event.

One thing that was consistent, ugly people. MMA events have a larger portion of ugly fans than most sporting events.

The sound of strikes, the first time, is jarring.

After watching MMA and the UFC since 2006/7, UFC London in March is going to be my first live event.

I’m in the nosebleeds, but what should I expect - do you spend most of the time looking at the monitors anyway? Is it weird not hearing the commentary? Do other fighters attend/walk around the venue like regular folk?

You'll have a blast you do look at the monitor sometimes, but hearing the impact of the strikes kinda balances it out.

I saw Jones signing autographs when i went had a mob of people around him.

and if you drink make sure to get good and primed before you go in. Beers are expensive as fuck, well at least here they are.

I've been to 3 UFC cards. The first one was in the nosebleeds and yes, I spent 80% of the time watching on the big screen instead of into the cage. It was a good card card with alot of finishes, but if you're going to be there I think it should be from the lower level only. Last two events I went to were lower level (not cage side or floor seats) and I enjoyed the experience much more.
Agree, lower level is the way to go. 1st row of a lower level if you can get it. Floor is fine if you’re really close to the cage.

Feel sorry for you TS. You are better off just going to a local sports bar , dink some cheap beer, eat some cheap food, and enjoy the fights on the big screen tv's. You are going to be watching on TV's anyway, and probably farther away to boot.

Going to be honest, I have gone to local events, including a local Bellator event (The sands) that i had 3rd row seats. It sucked. So many blind spots being so close. Still had to look up at the big screens that gave me a stiff fucking neck. Fuck that shit. I will never goto a live event anymore. Perfectly fine with my 70 inch 4k tv or the local Bdubs.

Last edited:
honestly imo only worth going to live sporting events if you have amazing seats

otherwise better off watching in comfort of your own home

I went to ufc 165. It was definitely a memorable event way better than I thought it would be
Was that Jones-Gus 1? That would be a fucking banger to see live. I was at Silva-Weidman 1, that shit was nuts.

You’ll see more fake tits and roided middle-aged men than you’ve ever seen in your life.

After watching MMA and the UFC since 2006/7, UFC London in March is going to be my first live event.

I’m in the nosebleeds, but what should I expect - do you spend most of the time looking at the monitors anyway? Is it weird not hearing the commentary? Do other fighters attend/walk around the venue like regular folk?

Good for you. Good luck.
The only time I went to an UFC event (UFC 142), I was VERY disappointed about how badly you can see the action inside the stupid cage, compared, for example, with a ring. That night I left the place convinced that UFC is a show made for TV. Locally, the view was shit. Maybe if you are ringside, you can see better.
Anyway, I´m envious. I hope the card you´ll go to see delivers.

Feel sorry for you TS. You are better off just going to a local sports bar , dink some cheap beer, eat some cheap food, and enjoy the fights on the big screen tv's. You are going to be watching on TV's anyway, and probably farther away to boot.

Going to be honest, I have gone to local events, including a local Bellator event (The sands) that i had 3rd row seats. It sucked. So many blind spots being so close. Sti;; had to look up at the big screens that gave me a stiff fucking neck. Fuck that shit. I will never goto a live event anymore. Perfectly fine with my 70 inch 4k tv or the local Bdubs.

That's enough out of you Debbie

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG

From what I hear you end up watching the big screen for most of the fights depending how close you actually are able to sit

if you have some trash seats for sure, you'll find yourself staring at the big screen often.

I've been to a couple handful of live UFCs, sat in various spots, but if you are seated at an elevated level, you should be able to look straight into the cage and see all the striking exchanges at the very least. You may need to defer to screen for grappling exchanges. But depending on where the seat and view is, you may be able to see directly into the cage and see the grappling too (or at least on the side when its facing towards you)

Not hearing commentary sometimes makes it better. You're watching the fight and kind of judging who won based solely off what you think matters (judges should have noise cancelling headphones at the least to do the same ringside)

Yes some fighters do walk around, idk about regular folk, but there's plenty of fighters/celebs usually at all events so you may bump into someone.

Just avoid being the drunk douchebag yelling random nonsense. JK, that's 90% of the crowd.

Have fun buddy!
In my experience fighters do walk around the venue. Met Johny Hendricks and Demetrious Johnson out in the halls.
Don't worry about being in the nose bleeds it's the atmosphere that's amazing.

I don't think a lot of the posters IIT have been to a live event.

Or maybe their arena sucks.

I've been on the upper deck, lower deck and up in the boxes for UFC.

All were great, never got stuck watching the monitors, enjoyed every event.

One thing that was consistent, ugly people. MMA events have a larger portion of ugly fans than most sporting events.

The sound of strikes, the first time, is jarring.

depends on venue my man, I've been to Orlando UFC each time its come with different seats (one club level one Loge level and one floor seats), floor seats required me to watch monitor honestly for the grappling exchanges.

MGM Grand/Mandalay/T-Mobile have all had good vantage points regardless of where you sit from what I remember too.

lol at better seats then 3rd row you dolt.

lol @ thinking sitting cageside for a UFC event are the best seats. Only massive dolts think that (which you are obv)

Try sitting at a slightly elevated angle looking into the cage, makes massive difference in viewing experience and might change your mind about live events.

Live UFC events are some of the best live sporting events you can attend as far as atmosphere.

Be sure to yell "kick his ass, seabass and punch him in the dick" every few minutes. That's how you get the most of the experience

Back