• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC is low-balling Cyborg. Cyborg cancels Holm fight negotiations.

I guess she doesn't know that ufc starts low she starts and and they meet in the middle

Better yet, give Cyborg her walking papers and avoid the hassle of negotiating with the biggest complainer in UFC history.

i think the best female fighter in the world should me making decent money. think about how much lets say best female tennis player is making compare to her

The ufc has been getting more annoying each month. I doubt she is asking for a ridiculous sum, just pay the woman and lets see some fights ffs.

They gotta pay Snoop first!

You know, the rapper they hired to talk shit on the fighters.

Wouldn't the "meeting" be the time to negotiate for more pay? I'm getting the feeling that this tweet (and any weird negotiation intent that comes with it) is all her shady pyramid-scheme-leader "boyfriend."

What I don't understand is that Cyborg has the title and is fighting a higher profile opponent. So what's the explanation to paying her less? There's going to be more eyes on this fight than any of her other fights.

UFC are cheap bastards.
They likely have to pay Holm way more than Evinger and they're cheap asses so ya...

She doesn't even want to defend her FW title against actual FWs at this point. Said she'd rather focus on Holly and Zingano than Anderson.

Not surprised that she'd get a pay cut.

NAME these FW Contenders....

GO!

The card she headlined with Lansberg did better than Joanna's against Gadelha. It should also be noted that these ratings are from the US only. It is very likely that ratings were better in her native country. As much as people insist that she isn't a draw, this shows otherwise.

Joanna/Claudia 2: you can compare only to other TUF Finales. Title fight was like in middle of the night. Something like 1-2 am at eastern coast...so.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/cris...acebook&utm_campaign=cyborg&utm_medium=social

Why is the UFC trying to cut the salary of the best female fighter in the world?
The only fight people want to see at female 145lb is now in jeopardy. Good job.

How many PPV has Cyborg sold? What has she done to show her worth? I think the UFC is looking to get rid of 145 too, as it's not an actual division. I don't think they have a single fighter at 145 who can't fight at 135.

And ALL of the women who have fought in the division have been 135'ers except Cyborg.

The thing is, there ARE true 145-lb female fighters who can be signed to flesh out the division. Yes, most of them suck, but it would be better than weakening the 135 division as the UFC is doing now.

I'm far more interested in getting the 125-lb women's division going, which will be the second best WMMA division after 115. After that, 105-lb is a fun division that could be added that would be end up being as good or better than 135, IMHO.
105, 115, and 125 are the best divisions imo. 135 is passable.

Good, hopefully they dump Cyborg and WFW and WMMA in general and flyweight and Dana and TUF and WME

Wait a minute the UFC wants to pay Cyborg less to fight Holm who lost her title and just broke a 3 fight losing streak by beating the beatable Bethe than they offered her to fight Evinger who was a champ and on an 11 fight win streak? Strange.

just delete this entire division please

it was a fucking joke from the very start and both champions find endless excuses to not defend their belt

just get it over with, nobody will notice and/or care that the division is gone

They likely have to pay Holm way more than Evinger and they're cheap asses so ya...
lol It's crazy. I'm hoping Cyborg is just getting confused or misread an email.

Her title alone puts her in a higher pay bracket than before. Combine the fact that she's fighting Holm, who made her name from ending the streak of the "Once in ever" Rousey. The fight promotes itself.

If the UFC can't secure the biggest female fight in recent memory, they are morons.

It's bad enough when UFC champions are on TV begging for $50K

Now the UFC has a problem paying $200K to a true WMMA superstar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back