UFC in armenia?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have noticed that soccer and all combat sports are big in armenia and recently I found out according to an interview with Karo and confirming it my friend, that there aren't too many armenians in this world and yet there are so many many aremnian fighters be it boxing,kickboxing,wrestling,judo,sambo or mma.

This got me wondering, how come ufc doesn't do a tuf armenia or do an event there?

Oh and just to clarify something, armenia has some nice cities and its not some surpressed middle eastern country, I say this because some people confuse the armenian culture with the middle eastern, here is the city:

13420459580.jpg

You are stupid.

You post a photo of some venue that holds like 20 people. Armenia is a tiny country, is extremely poor, and has basically zero tourism from other nations. It is one of the worst places possible to host a big event of any kind, let alone a UFC event.

[Tycho?];95532075 said:
You are stupid.

You post a photo of some venue that holds like 20 people. Armenia is a tiny country, is extremely poor, and has basically zero tourism from other nations. It is one of the worst places possible to host a big event of any kind, let alone a UFC event.

I'm down... Kim Kardasian's family would be guests in the front row.

[Tycho?];95532075 said:
You are stupid.

Are you a stupid? Im not saying they should use that venue on the picture, all Im saying is that, not all the cities in aremnia look like war zones.

Yes the country might be tiny and poor and not as populated but so many many armenians seems to be fight fans and I am willing to bet that they are willing to pay to go to a live event.

If the ufc live event doesn't work, they can just do a tuf armenia!

Armenia won't be able to hold an event like that. It would be cool for a tiny nation to hold such an event but I do not see it ever happening. Has Armenia ever hosted such an event?

UFC 182 - Ultimate Fighting Armenia, Bro.

On a serious note - is there any respectable MMA org actually operating in Armenia?

Are you a stupid? Im not saying they should use that venue on the picture, all Im saying is that, not all the cities in aremnia look like war zones.

Yes the country might be tiny and poor and not as populated but so many many armenians seems to be fight fans and I am willing to bet that they are willing to pay to go to a live event.

If the ufc live event doesn't work, they can just do a tuf armenia!

I hear ya man. But I don't think Armenian has a strong market for the sport. Perhaps in time.

thats not really a convincing argument, at all

Its not convincing granted but Dana keeps saying that one day, mma will be so popular that they mighth old two events on a same day in different countries. So with that logic, can't they have mini-events as a form of scouting the best fighters from armenia,russia,new zealand or india?

TUF Armenia? You must be joking.

Also, have you noticed that the most successful Armenian fighters are part of the Armenian diaspora? Mousasi (Iran--> Netherlands), Karo (--> USA), Manny (--> USA), Karakhanyan (Russia --> USA)...

They don't need to go to Armenia, nor will they.

Its not convincing granted but Dana keeps saying that one day, mma will be so popular that they mighth old two events on a same day in different countries. So with that logic, can't they have mini-events as a form of scouting the best fighters from armenia,russia,new zealand or india?

If you wanted to have a satish jha thread, you should have just said so brother!

ZsUoB.jpg

Way too small and no interesting neighboors to compensate that.

Back