UFC Hyping Jones / Gustaffson 2 already?

PrincesaZelda

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
[YT]H-sKX-HZowM[/YT]

This was just uploaded by the UFC like 30 minutes ago. Looks like they expect Gustaffson to win?

Gus will be sending Runble back to Welterweight

Ya I hate it when they do that. It's super disrespectful to Rumble.

That being said, I hope Gus wins so we can see that rematch purely for Sherdog madness. A lot of accounts will be gone after that fight ends lol.

I don't know if TS has noticed.... but the UFC stopped pretending it was a legit sport organization. It now just creates entertainment storylines that suit it's needs.

Ya I hate it when they do that. It's super disrespectful to Rumble.

That being said, I hope Gus wins so we can see that rematch purely for Sherdog madness. A lot of accounts will be gone after that fight ends lol.

I hope Gus wins too, but if he wins in a dominating fashion it might be had for the division. We need more contenders, and I feel like Rumble getting KTFO would kill that.

I don't know if TS has noticed.... but the UFC stopped pretending it was a legit sport organization. It now just creates entertainment storylines that suit it's needs.

I'm not pro-UFC, but hasn't boxing always been more about the hype and less about legitimacy? A lot of people say Floyd is a better promoter than fighter, and I can see that angle honestly.

I'm not pro-UFC, but hasn't boxing always been more about the hype and less about legitimacy? A lot of people say Floyd is a better promoter than fighter, and I can see that angle honestly.

Oh for sure. Don't mind me I'm just disillusioned at this point. I spent the last couple of years involved in MMA and quite honestly I'm over it. Seeing how the sausage was made ruins it.

Why wouldn't they be? Gus/Jones 2 would be bigger than Rumble/Jones. I would assume they're making hype videos for Rumble too.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Floyd is the legit #1 p4p boxer right now.

Why wouldn't they be? Gus/Jones 2 would be bigger than Rumble/Jones. I would assume they're making hype videos for Rumble too.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Floyd is the legit #1 p4p boxer right now.

I'm not disputing Floyd's skill level, but a lot of his non-competitive fights had more hype behind them than anything we've ever seen in the UFC. Amazing boxer, but even more amazing promoter perhaps? <--- This isn't my claim, just something I've overheard. I'm a casual boxing fan at best, so I can't really back that theory up.

This.

They sign former professional Wrestlers(Brock, CM Punk) because of their popularity and give title shots(Conor, Chael) to guys because they can talk well.

The UFC isn't about legitimate sport, it's about money.

Every sport is about money

Football, baseball, basketball, hockey - if these sports didn't make money we wouldn't be seeing them on TV and pro leagues wouldn't even be a thing.

Back