UFC HW Jared Rosholt best striking defense and takedown ratio of entire UFC roster

I hope he wins on Saturday.

I hope he wins on Saturday.

He will I think, I know his wrestling is pretty bad ass, but his striking always looked sloppy and stiff to me but seems he actually gets hit very little

The heavyweight division ladies and gentleman.

dark-knight.gif

I'd say he's going to get the win on Saturday. Nice obscure stat.

He also has less fights than a lot of UFC fighters, and you also have to take level of competition as well - I mean, guys like Josh Copeland and Daniel Omielanczuk are of a far lesser calibre than say, the opponents of one of the division champions.

hes only had 5 fights in the ufc. or does it count for the whole career?

didn't help too much against oliynyk

If I remember right he was doing very well in the striking in that fight before getting blasted with a haymaker. Rosholt is going to be a tough matchup for a lot of guys simply because the current division lacks wrestling skill other than the elite fighters.

HW is such a joke of a division.

Ive never heard of him so I just watched his fight with Oleksiy, his striking looks pretty horrible.

He throws a lot of kicks with no power, and he drops his hands while he does it. The very first exchange is him throwing a leg kick and eating a glancing hook, then it happens again at :23, then sure enough he got knocked out by the same punch in a wild exchange

At Heavyweight you can't throw the Chris Leben: Left Hook-Right Hook-Left Hook-Right Hook combo and not get knocked the fuck out.

Ive never heard of him so I just watched his fight with Oleksiy, his striking looks pretty horrible.

He throws a lot of kicks with no power, and he drops his hands while he does it. The very first exchange is him throwing a leg kick and eating a glancing hook, then it happens again at :23, then sure enough he got knocked out by the same punch in a wild exchange

At Heavyweight you can't throw the Chris Leben: Left Hook-Right Hook-Left Hook-Right Hook combo and not get knocked the fuck out.

It was a sneaky combo that caught him. He didn't see it coming. Also if the UFC is to believe, Oleinik has a ridiculous 80" reach being 6'1". No wonder he can do all those weird chokes with arms that long.

If I remember right he was doing very well in the striking in that fight before getting blasted with a haymaker. Rosholt is going to be a tough matchup for a lot of guys simply because the current division lacks wrestling skill other than the elite fighters.

he wasn't. he started off the first minute or so with oliynyk against the cage throwing sloppy strikes. he landed a few but most missed or were blocked. he eventually gassed from all the crap he was throwing and oliynyk took advantage.

once they broke from the clinch around the 3:00 minute mark, oliynyk landed at least seven unanswered strikes before dropping rosholt with the eighth.

I think MMAjunkie got it's facts wrong about Jared

Back