• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC FOX 26 - RDA vs Lawler - Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small chance he is personally weeding through these threads, but Mmagoodfella confirmed that Kalikas got people monitoring this forum, take that as you will. I don't think it's THAT far-fetched. Can't hurt to put out some feelers in a betting-active part of the most prominent mma forum.

we have guys doing 5 and even 6 figures per year from mma, why wouldn't kalikas send out minions?

Emmett is a slightly better athlete and he should be able to hold his own on the feet vs Lamas. Emmett has a high output of strikes, he can out work Lamas for a decision, possibly hurt him on the feet. The grappling is Lamas' world, Emmet would be best to avoid it IMO

I need to finish tape before I can really debate this but I’m not impressed with Emmett’s striking. He was easily outstruck by Desmond Green two fights ago.

I agree that Emmett does throw a lot of volume but all technique seems to go out the window when he gets tired. After grappling with Holtzman for a round he was clearly gassed and throwing a ton of wild, looping punches. Holtzman gassing worse (and not being very good in general) helped him there. This is a huge step up in competition for Emmett, I don’t think that can be understated.

Just saw it.
cringe-twitter-stories-598x397.jpg

Mods please delete this thread.

Lol. Love the Gifs

I think lamas took his soul. That beating was vicious and ended in a stoppage.

Just to add to this. Felder was on Luke Thomas today and said that he could tell something was off with Knight as soon as he walked into the cage. Said he didn't look right at all. A caller who was at the event called in and said the same thing. Just thought that was kind of interesting.

Anyone else like the over in Lamas/Emmett at -175? That is what I am leaning towards with current ML's if I bet this fight.
I think it goes under. Emmett can crack and Lamas is one of FW's best finishers

Just to add to this. Felder was on Luke Thomas today and said that he could tell something was off with Knight as soon as he walked into the cage. Said he didn't look right at all. A caller who was at the event called in and said the same thing. Just thought that was kind of interesting.

He did sorta look weaker physically

Both knights ankles were wrapped

Got full props for RDA-Lawler on one of my Aus books.

Fight to end ITD @1.57 (-180ish) looks good to me. RDA ITD @ 3.1 too.

After the fight he was saying sorry. I think he just could not get past getting tagged. He was turning his head and at time turning his back after getting hit.

I feel stupid for betting so much on him before actually seeing him fight after taking that beating. I don’t think he gave up, but I think he gave into his fear of getting a similar beating. It’s tough because some fighters can get right back in and put it behind them, but most take a few fights to get their mind right, others never recover.

I hope he gets back to his old self as I love watching him fight, but from a betting stand point, it was another lesson I had to learn the hard way.

I See Emmett knocking out Lamas in Mendes style
Not impossible, but I think you're overestimating how hard Emmett hits. Mendes' KO streak was pretty damned good for a while, and I think that incarnation of Mendes is the biggest single-puncher in FW history.

Emmett is a slightly better athlete and he should be able to hold his own on the feet vs Lamas. Emmett has a high output of strikes, he can out work Lamas for a decision, possibly hurt him on the feet. The grappling is Lamas' world, Emmet would be best to avoid it IMO

Don't forget that Lamas throws kicks as well. I see Emmett having a hard time here due to that. He's probably equivalent at best to Lamas in boxing range. He's not as good from the outside. Lamas is definitely the better overall grappler too. Emmett's best chance is likely a very close decision. I can see Lamas having a decent chance at ITD, a clear cut decision, and obviously a close decision. The line is a bit expensive at this point, but I don't think Emmett has any value.

Emmett lost to Green and had a pretty close fight with Hot Sauce he also gasses. Think this is a tough fight for him here.

Don't forget that Lamas throws kicks as well. I see Emmett having a hard time here due to that. He's probably equivalent at best to Lamas in boxing range. He's not as good from the outside. Lamas is definitely the better overall grappler too. Emmett's best chance is likely a very close decision. I can see Lamas having a decent chance at ITD, a clear cut decision, and obviously a close decision. The line is a bit expensive at this point, but I don't think Emmett has any value.
Maybe a play on Emmett KO if it's +700 or better, but I don't see anything else being logical.

Anyone else like the over in Lamas/Emmett at -175? That is what I am leaning towards with current ML's if I bet this fight.

For sure. Like that better than either side of the ML.

Just took it at -170.

Also took rda lawler o2.5 -140

Hey guys. Big lurker here just wanted to throw in 2 cents. In the Holztmann fight Emmett was catching a lot of kicks trying to take him down. I can see lamas grabbing onto a guillotine in this instance. Lamas ITD at +175 might have some value.

Hey guys. Big lurker here just wanted to throw in 2 cents. In the Holztmann fight Emmett was catching a lot of kicks trying to take him down. I can see lamas grabbing onto a guillotine in this instance. Lamas ITD at +175 might have some value.

Agree. Lamas has a lot of freedom here to throw the kicks as he pleases. Emmett is basically hopeless when he can't close the distance. Green handled him at range very easily. Lamas can finish him being aggressive himself, but at some point, Emmett will have to open up and rush in to have success. I can see Lamas setting a trap for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back