UFC FN 143 PBP/Discussion

He threw a massive right hook straight to the back of TJ's head after the kick lol

Well that was huge for me... literally 10u on that fight alone..

Lol, can't say I didn't expect it. Knew it was going to be a quick ko

1 knockout/finish in 9 UFC fights and he knocks out TJ in literally 30 seconds. TJ overrated or is Henry the real deal?

man cejudo pushed him to the ground like he was a little boy

So happy right now and I love tjs style but I love flyweight.

As expected the chin was weak and Dillashaw was far from his best at 125

1 knockout/finish in 9 UFC fights and he knocks out TJ in literally 30 seconds. TJ overrated or is Henry the real deal?

I'm sure many are going to say Cejudo is the real deal, esp those that bet him but Dillashaw lost to the cut.

Both.

As I noted in the other topic, people were giving me shit for questioning the appeal of Dillishaw at -210 in this post and telling me how badly I was overrating Cejudo.

Surprised so many are heavy on Dillishaw.

Cejudo has possibly the best wrestling in all of MMA, some of the best cardio, is tremendously big and strong at his weight, has at least decent striking, and very good, borderline excellent striking defense.

Oh, and he is improving fight by fight, too.

I don't feel like there is anyone around right now, even someone as great as Dillishaw, that I would happily play at -210 against Cejudo. Especially at a weight he has never competed at before. Cody fought like an idiot. Cejudo, by contrast, fights very intelligently.

Since Cejudo at +175 isn't quite appealing enough either, I am giving the main event a pass in terms of betting.

Turns out my mistake was UNDERRATING Cejudo.

Just gonna put this out there because I'll be in attendance... but in about 10-weeks, March 30th is the philly card. We would love to have Dillashaw vs Cejudo 2 for the 135 title on that one : )

Both.

As I noted in the other topic, people were giving me shit for questioning the appeal of Dillishaw at -210 in this post and telling me how badly I was overrating Cejudo.

Turns out my mistake was UNDERRATING Cejudo.

So you're max betting Cejudo when he fights Dillashaw at 135 since you underrated him. Yes, I'm very salty about this one. Dillashaws ambition knows no bounds and he doesnt know where to stop but when they rematch at 135 I'm max betting Dillashaw again at +money. I'm hella mad right now, I need to go for a run around the block but I'm drunk and prob couldnt even make it. Fuck.

So you're max betting Cejudo when he fights Dillashaw at 135 since you underrated him. Yes, I'm very salty about this one. Dillashaws ambition knows no bounds and he doesnt know where to stop but when they rematch at 135 I'm max betting Dillashaw again at +money. I'm hella mad right now, I need to go for a run around the block but I'm drunk and prob couldnt even make it. Fuck.
don't think you'll get dillashaw at +money. cejudo will be dog again.

Just one of those crazy things, Cejudo is a ball of muscle and if you get caught early by a punch in a bad spot (behind the ear in this fight) it can be over in a flash. Dillashaw got caught before he had a chance to settle into the fight and pounced on, it's bad luck for him.

It'll be interesting to see if Cejudo can win again!

So you're max betting Cejudo when he fights Dillashaw at 135 since you underrated him.

Depends on the fight odds. However, hard weight cut aside, it's clear Cejudo was better than we thought and TJ Dillishaw is worse.

Remember when Joanna J's loss to Rose (a vastly bigger upset) was blamed on the weight cut? They rematched, Joanna clearly improved, and while it was much tougher and closer, Rose won again.

Last edited:
Back