• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News UFC Flyweight Division to be removed in 2019

Do you support the UFC decision to scrap the 125-lb Division?

• Total voters

Shoot Boxe Hero

We are Rizin!
@red
Reaction score
Officially announced just now on UFC Tonight that the men's flyweight division is being removed in 2019. No word about what will happen to all current flyweights, if they all move up or only some remain and others cut.

Also Tj vs Cejudo is official for UFC 233 January 26. Still being billed as a champion vs champion superfight even though they are removing Cejudo's division which is a bit odd.

Well how many options can there be ?

Some move up, some go to other orgs, and some get cut and retire ..

Bout time !!

where are u seeing tj vs cejudo confirmed

394Qm3p.gif

I just hope ONE picks them all up.

Can’t say I’m too upset by this.

Fun while it lasted... now trade them for two guys from the 205 division and three heavyweights.

It's the right move. Reminds me of when they eliminated the lightweight division in the early 2000s, and then brought it back in 2007

Once the flyweight division builds up in talent, they can always bring it back. I think they only have like 25 active flyweights right now.

I won't miss it..Honestly i think they can trim a little fat off of most of the divisions.

Only the best should be fighting in the UFC..

Sucks but too many divisions, too many heads, time to make another WEC and put all the smaller guys in that org.

The flyweight division might have worked if they started it in the WEC like they planned to in 2009.

People didn't talk too much about Cejudo beating DJ. The prestige and history just isn't there.

No more midgets, no more women, no more fat fucks

Make the ufc great

It's the right move. Reminds me of when they eliminated the lightweight division in the early 2000s, and then brought it back in 2007

Once the flyweight division builds up in talent, they can always bring it back. I think they only have like 25 active flyweights right now.

I hope you're right. Flyweight actually became pretty damn exciting over the last couple years, but having the president/face of the UFC talk constant shit about it didn't exactly help increase fan interest in the division.

Back