UFC fixing weigh-ins

Ronoc Rogergcm

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I remember the GSP card in Canada somewhere, and GSP was officially over for a title fight. 170.6 or something. But the commission "rounded down" so GSP was able to weigh in properly and fight.

I also recall "towel-gate" where a woozy and drained looking Daniel Cormier missed weight (was it his 1st try or 2nd?) He then is rushed backstage (obviously to huddle up and game plan how to save the main event of the PPV) for just a few moments. He then re-emerges, weighs in another time, butt naked, but grasping the towel held in front of him!! You can't touch anything while weighing in, and you must stay perfectly still... thats weigh-in protocol 101. No way a legit commission permits that.

Are there any other examples of weigh-in fixing in the UFC that you can recall?

Is it generally accepted that the above two examples are concrete proof of the UFC conspiring with Athletic Commissions to smudge weigh-in data, aka fix weigh-ins?

If the UFC conspires or permits weigh-in fixing, is it too far a stretch to consider the UFC would conspire with judges to "massage" judges scorecards into the most favourable/lucrative outcome for the UFC brand?

Major sports are fixed.

Also, the Japanese are attacking Pearl Harbour.

Major sports are fixed.

Also, the Japanese are attacking Pearl Harbour.

I believe too much money stands to be made to dismiss the possibility of score /outcome fixing in pro sports, based on someone's own interpretation of honor.
So we agree there-
But can you offer your insight on weigh-in fixing in MMA and boxing?

Back