UFC fighters semi-snubbing Cm Punk

It is also possible that his trainer protected him during his training sessions.
It's not just a possibility, it's exactly what happened. They made a documentary about his road to the octagon where he "fought" a couple of gym guys. They let him win the last fight to build up his confidence and it looked like the fixed fight in Foxcatcher.

It's not just a possibility, it's exactly what happened. They made a documentary about his road to the octagon where he "fought" a couple of gym guys. They let him win the last fight to build up his confidence and it looked like the fixed fight in Foxcatcher.

And to me this really illustrates how dumb this man really was. Too old be naïve. This was just stupidity.

poor CM Punk.

he's like the ultimate fanboy. all he wanted was to belong.

those snubs probably affect him imo

Should have not went to Rufus. Im thinking would have done better at Crystal Lake with Jeff if he wanted to stay local. Would have at least had a better ground game and tds. Your not going to teach striking on a elite level in 2 years but your BJJ or wrestling will greatly improve.

Rogan zero. But he did get his crap pushed in by 100 year old Mark Coleman when he was just goofying around.

Fedor, zero, but he fought in organizations better than the UFC most of his career.

Bruce Lee, obviously MMA didn't even exist back then.
MMA was around back then just wasnt called mma

What you are overlooking or forgive is his intense level of stupidity and hubris to think he could actually compete. My god, what an absolute imbecile. I cannot imagine not realizing how terrible I was if I was as bad at anything as CM Punk was at MMA.
There is no question about it that CM punk was pretty bad, but that comes down to the promotion and matchmaking that should never have allowed the gall match to happen but rather matched him up with "another CM punk" and one of them could have had their moment. Yeah CM punk was dumb enough to agree to this match.
But there is a hypocrisy with the rock, who is on so many steroids it's not even funny and comes in with a UFC belt "BMF" and then wraps it around the winner as if he was legitimizing who is the BMF. What are Dwayne's fighting credentials? He is obviously an athlete...enhanced but an athlete nonetheless. Nobody said anything about The Rock doing this BMF thing despite him coming over from the exact same sport as punk and even worse...never having fought.

Lol.

You wouldn't have to look very hard to find someone with no fighting experience to get in there against a barely UFC level fighter for 500k.
If they already had 10 million in the bank ?

Lamas and Rashad reactions seemed perfectly fine no? Also Holly seemed busy rather than annoyed or whatever.

But I wouldnt put it above fighters to act pissy about CM Punk. I remember the sad state of affairs when Sage was fighting in the UFC. Holy fuck were the fighters acting like a bunch of jealous schoolgirls then. It was embarrasing seeing grown men act like that.

I'm referring to how people make it out like CM Punk is super brave because he got in there and fought and that not just anyone would do it.

I'd fight Ngannou for half that, no worries.

If Punk wasn't in it for the money as well then why the fuck did he want that much?
Because he needs to get paid dummy. Ofcourse you’d do it for peanuts but who is you? who can you bring to watch you fight? What multimillion dollar career do you have?

Oh man that's rough, I had never seen that one. Obviously I can't say for sure that the exhibition was rigged but there's such a lack of coordination and straight up strength from CM Punk in the exchanges, it gives off the feeling that the other guy could have brute forced his way out of any position but was making an effort not to.

Elitist jerks!

Lamas: 3:06
Holly: 3:37
Rashad: 4:46

Not sure they were snubbing him.
CM Punk, as popular as he is, does not really have a polarizing/ magnetic personality.

i thought it was more like the fighters just saying hi but not really having anything else to say, and not really being “star struck” by CM Punk.

BUT.. they could really just have been snubbing him.

Lamas and Rashad reactions seemed perfectly fine no? Also Holly seemed busy rather than annoyed or whatever.

But I wouldnt put it above fighters to act pissy about CM Punk. I remember the sad state of affairs when Sage was fighting in the UFC. Holy fuck were the fighters acting like a bunch of jealous schoolgirls then. It was embarrasing seeing grown men act like that.
Yes, i thought everyone was polite and had places to be so they did not have time to shoot the breeze.

Can't blame combat sports lifers for being pissed that Punk showed up and stole so much of the spotlight for a period of time. He got WAXED in the process. Honestly the most shocking thing about the Punk venture into MMA for me was that he made weight both times.

Imagine hating him for not being as competent as you are. Lmao, fighters are so insecure.

Holms for sure is pissy, its not even subtle, she wasn't too busy to respond to the guy in front of Punk normally but gave Punk the old cold shoulder treatment.

Its all relative. I enjoyed the CM experiment. I post up Forest vs Silva gifs dude looks like a jobber and I love forrest.

Eh it is what it is.

Oh man that's rough, I had never seen that one. Obviously I can't say for sure that the exhibition was rigged but there's such a lack of coordination and straight up strength from CM Punk in the exchanges, it gives off the feeling that the other guy could have brute forced his way out of any position but was making an effort not to.
The other guy is barely breathing hard at the end of the "fight" while Punk is panting after each round.

Holly was the only one who really was a dick to him. The others were like whatever

Well, James Toney and Kimbo got special treatment as well.

Back