• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Aspinall - Official PBP Discussion: 1:30 p.m. ET/10:30 a.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Powerlifting doesn't mean much in fighting, I've known guys who can't lift shit and are strong af grappling and vice versa

You do not know what you are talking about, strength is one of the most important sides of mma and powerlifting gives you strength. Pretty simple, really.

three things:

1. okay. arnold allen is legit. i had just a shred of doubt, but not anymore.
2. dan hooker just doesn’t have it anymore. going back to 145 was never a good idea in the first place, but yikes.
3. uhhhh, this card kinda fucking rules big time

Where does hooker go from here?

i don’t wanna jump on the “time for him to hang it up” wagon

but seriously, where?

Let's go Tom been a sick card, would be good if he finished off in style

"Good stoppage. He wasn't intelligently defending himself."
-but none of those strikes landed, as they were all blocked.
"Fuck you commie"

I hate standing stoppages. Don't get me wrong, Hooker was rocked, but he wasn't dropped once. We literally saw him recover less than 2 mins before and fight back.

Allen got a TKO stoppage by throwing a heap of punches that were hitting arms. By stopping it there you take away the chance for Allen to get his own walk off KO and compete with the other great performances we had. Now he just got a decent win against a guy on a loss streak. Give that 30 more seconds and he gets a brutal KO in the co main.

Hooker can go down or tap anytime he wants.

How did that fight end? Remind me again.

Anyone who has done a situp in his life and takes a look at Allen knows how strong he is.

the lad has like a 450lb deadlift which is pretty good considering MMA is more of an endurance sport so powerlifting likely isn't even close to the primary focus of his training
strong fella

Aspinall rocking dat mid-west America goatee

You do not know what you are talking about, strength is one of the most important sides of mma and powerlifting gives you strength. Pretty simple, really.
Once again, plenty of guys can lift a ton of weight and feel weak grappling. If you had experienced it, you would know. Yeah you want to lift like everyone does, but getting a 600 lbs. deadlift doesn't translate the way people think it would.

Seems like fighters that move up in weight rather than down almost always do better. I’d love to see statistics on that, but I’m too lazy to do all the research.

It seems like all the guys who move down are doing it as a shortcut. They've hit a brick wall and think killing themselves to make a lighter weight class is the ticket. It almost never is.

Volkov is gonna get a rough ride from the crowd walking out...

I heard Russians aren't so popular these days.

Back