News UFC Fight Night Busan, S. Korea Dec 21

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Confirmed via UFC Asia

I have a feeling KZ will main event, and DHK will come back for one more fight.

Confirmed via UFC Asia

I have a feeling KZ will main event, and DHK will come back for one more fight.
What timing... Masvidal headlined the first South Korea card.

holy fuck...please god, sign Yoon Jun Lee and Jeong Yeong Lee.

Interestingly, Da Un Jung and Jun Yong Park are making their debuts at UFC Shenzhen, and could also be on this card.

Lets hope this card doesn't have another fight fixing scandal...

Hmm.

Guys ranked ahead of KZ:
Holloway and Edgar are fighting on Jul 20th (and I think Edgar, at 37, retires, especially if he loses)
Aldo will only fight in Brazil
Ortega is going to be on the UFC Mexico card
Zabit is open, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up on the Abu Dhabi card like all the other relevant Dagestani fighters. Still, he seems like the most likely choice

So, I've done a little research, and the only sutiable venue I can find is the Sajik Arena (capacity 14,099): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sajik_Arena

next largest would be the BEXCO arena, which holds less than 5k, so not suitable for a UFC event.

What timing... Masvidal headlined the first South Korea card.

holy fuck...please god, sign Yoon Jun Lee and Jeong Yeong Lee.

Interestingly, Da Un Jung and Jun Yong Park are making their debuts at UFC Shenzhen, and could also be on this card.

Lets hope this card doesn't have another fight fixing scandal...

I don't think Yoon Jun Lee fights anymore. ahsn't fought since 2016. As for Jeong Yeong Lee, he's not leaving Road as long as he's a champion there, and will defend his belt in Daegu in September.

Hmm.

Guys ranked ahead of KZ:
Holloway and Edgar are fighting on Jul 20th (and I think Edgar, at 37, retires, especially if he loses)
Zabit is open, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up on the Abu Dhabi card like all the other relevant Dagestani fighters. Still, he seems like the most likely choice

They'd be better off giving him a winnable, stay busy fight.

Hmm.

Guys ranked ahead of KZ:

The winner of Emmet vs. Bektic is a possibility. Also, if Ortega beats yair in September he could realistically fight KZ in December.

Okay, so we should have a main event by the end of November, and a full card by December the 5th

Hmm.

Guys ranked ahead of KZ:

Zabit probably headlining the Moscow card in November. At least that's the rumor

Back