PBP UFC Fight Night: Błachowicz vs. Santos PBP Discussion: 11am ET/8am PT/4pm UK

Jan has good UFC run but never even should be near title shot just like Santos imo.
I don't know what Jan was planning to do, but going for submission was easy way to win this fight imo especially against MW who is faster fighter than him, but obviously physically weaker.
Can't understand this gameplan, I know Thiago is black belt bjj, but still.

I ecpected more TD attempts and dirty boxing against the cage out of Jan. It seemed like the smart play to get Santos softened up and second guessing.

Right, exactly why I picked Jan. Fucking bizzaro world. What Hardy said made sense though. I think fighters expect Santos to gas (little lapse in judgment there since Santos wasn't fighting the way he usually does) and Jan wanted to start applying pressure to go for the finish.
Props to Santos. I think Santos realizes how close he is to a title shot seeing Anthony Smith get one and made the adjustments. It's still crazy Jan leaped in like that. Santos fought Jimi like a madman in his last fight though so it was still bizarre to see him not blitzing. Santos spoke about trying to be more measured in a few interviews IIRC.

Last edited:
I had to change my pants after that 1-2.

Crazy that everyone was talking about Santos running at people and then Jan does it once and gets KTFO'd

there are seriously tards in here that didnt think that was awesome as fuck? wow

Imo it was a really nice stoppage, people would have screamed EARLY STOPPAGE!! if the ref had stopped it when he clearly was protecting his face, moving his legs, once he folded on the side, the ref called it.

giphy.gif

Reminds me of this.

giphy.gif

Props to Santos. I think Santos realizes how close he is to a title shot seeing Anthony Smith get one and made the adjustments. It's still crazy Jan leaped in like that. Santos fought Jimi like a madman in his last fight though so it was still bizarre to see him not blitzing.

This is probably him testing rounds for a 5 rounder knowing that he needs to buy his time agaisnt other guys that can take neutralize him and then wait for an opening.

Just a heads up. Bellator Discussion tonight, not Live. SMH. Mcgregor Lite vs Some Guy Coker hopes gets smoked...

Well, that rushing in he did to santos actually worked on jimi and nearly knocked jimi the fk out. This time he just got caught.
Jimi was rocked first if my memory is good, that's why he was rushing, I'm only bummed because Jan was not trying any ground game against dangerous oponnent, just like vs Krylov.
I like both fighters, so at least Santos will fight Jones, but I don't see great chance for him to win. Well ... <JonesLaugh>

This is probably him testing rounds for a 5 rounder knowing that he needs to buy his time agaisnt other guys that can take neutralize him and then wait for an opening.
Exactly how I feel. It's hard to go all out and possibly empty the tank when it's five rounds. He has talked about being more measured for awhile now but he said he would be more measured before he fought Jimi and still went full madman. EconoSantos was on full display in this one.

Exactly how I feel. It's hard to go all out and possibly empty the tank when it's five rounds. He has talked about being more measured for awhile now but he said he would be more measured before he fought Jimi and still went full madman. EconoSantos was on full display in this one.

I think it he was Hyped to face another Killer , that's what Jimi can be when he gets going , I think he looked at Jan and realized he could end at any moment so might as well make the camp pay off.

Another 30k day. With tennis and without parlays, 70.
Screenshot_20190223-133750_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190224-115231_Photos (1).jpg 20190223_151711.jpg Screenshot_20190223-133721_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190223-135622_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20190224-115308_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Jimi was rocked first if my memory is good, that's why he was rushing, I'm only bummed because Jan was not trying any ground game against dangerous oponnent, just like vs Krylov.
I like both fighters, so at least Santos will fight Jones, but I don't see great chance for him to win. Well ... <JonesLaugh>
Na, the rushing in was the shit that got jimi hurt. I’m pretty sure.

I think it he was Hyped to face another Killer , that's what Jimi can be when he gets going , I think he looked at Jan and realized he could end at any moment so might as well make the camp pay off.
I think Santos respected Jan's skills in terms of grappling and he didn't want to rush in and risk get into a grappling match with Jan. That probably played a part in him being so measured. But also like you said he most likely didn't feel like he was in imminent danger standing with Jan as opposed to Jimi who he knows possesses that one punch power.

I think Santos respected Jan's skills in terms of grappling and he didn't want to rush in and risk get into a grappling match with Jan. That probably played a part in him being so measured. But also like you said he most likely didn't feel like he was in imminent danger standing with Jan as opposed to Jimi who he knows possesses that one punch power.
That and Jan is also pretty durable so blitzing him with an attack he can see wouldntnhurt as much as him countering Jan getting aggressive which he did.

That was really good stuff from Santos. Not just the finish or pacing either; he was really fighting smart tonight. He was changing angles so Jan couldn't get set, using kicks that kept him out of range of getting attacked, darting in and out all the while retaining his awesome brawler attacks.

Back