PBP UFC Fight Night 96: Lineker vs Dodson Main Card PBP (Discussion) 11pm ET/8pm PT/4am UK

He landed less punches than Dodson man, surely how many strikes you LAND is more important than how many you throw.
This is why everyone used to complain about Leonard Garcia throwing and missing but still winning decisions.
This is a lot different to Garcia's fights. He got his ass beat the whole way through those fights, Lineker was moving forward and landing.

Not all strikes that are counted, are punches, btw. They also include the slapping lead leg-kicks Dodson was throwing, at the beginning.

Its not how many you land. It is how clean and effective they are.

For example if holyfield lands 5 jabs on tyson and tyson lands 2 monstrous hooks then tyson wins the round.

Dodson's strikes were more effective so there goes that argument.

Lineker, Garcia, Wanderlei, Leben, etc.. They will never be champs, forever gatekeepers
Lineker is on a 6-fight win-streak, and is Top 3 in two weightclasses. I'd put his name above the likes of Garcia and Leben.

This is a lot different to Garcia's fights. He got his ass beat the whole way through those fights, Lineker was moving forward and landing.

Not all strikes that are counted, are punches, btw. They also include the slapping lead leg-kicks Dodson was throwing, at the beginning.

YES!!! THANK YOU!!! SOMEONE WHO GETS IT!!!

Pretty much, Lineker has nothing for Cruz but does anyone outside of TJ? I think not

That's why they might be making that Demetrious Johnson fight vs Cruz Superfight, should Cruz beat Cody Garbrandt.

I'm always pulling for Cruz, but Cody is a young, hungry, dangerous fighter. Guess we'll have to stay tuned lol

I didn't even bother scoring 1 and 2 because they were so close.

I thought Lineker clearly won 3 and 4 and Dodson completely owned him in round 5.

That's why they might be making that Demetrious Johnson fight vs Cruz Superfight, should Cruz beat Cody Garbrandt.

I'm always pulling for Cruz, but Cody is a young, hungry, dangerous fighter. Guess we'll have to stay tuned lol
I hope Cody can land something but he better watch for that reactive TD because Cruz gonna wrestlefuck him so hard

That's funny, I never saw Lineker rocked. If that was true, you'd think Dotson wouldn't have been going backwards as fast as he possibly could.
Lineker got knocked off-balance, once, but that was more about the angle of the shot catching him almost sideways as he was coming in. Even then, he went right back to marching forward.

Maybe this fight finally signals the end of the Greg Jacksonesque "win by running the whole time" strategy. One can only hope!!!

Lineker got knocked off-balance, once, but that was more about the angle of the shot catching him almost sideways as he was coming in. Even then, he went right back to marching forward.

Exactly. If my 10-year old nephew hits me ten times, and none of them hurt me in the slightest, then how effective was his striking?

that applies to the judges, you can't win if you are backing up the whole fight
You can if the Judges know what they are watching. But no worries it was a close fight JL won via Garcia air punching.

Its not how many you land. It is how clean and effective they are.

For example if holyfield lands 5 jabs on tyson and tyson lands 2 monstrous hooks then tyson wins the round.

Another man with sense, there's hope for humanity yet <cheer>

Lineker should fight Garbrandt to see which of the bull sluggers is the best.

Back