• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC Fight Night 86: Rothwell vs. Dos Santos Main Card PBP (Discussion) 2pm ET

It was an impressive performance by JDS. His footwork looked much improved from the Miocic and Reem fights. Classic JDS bodywork throughout the fight to slow his opponent, freeze them, and set up overhand opportunities.

Rothwell just didn't have the tools to compete. Alot of toughness as usual and he was game. Many other HWs would have been finished by the same shots.

As a JDS fan, I would've liked to see Rothwell dance with the belt around his waist for the lols

Great fight IQ and fight plan from JDS. Horrible fight IQ and horrible game plan from Rothwell. 50-45 JDS.

Rothwell's trainer told him literally after every round to stop boxing and close for the TD. He didn't attempt one in the whole fight. Pitiful performance from Rothwell.

It was great to see Manny win last night and now see JDS win today.

I gotta admit, I thought JDS might have been done due to all the wear and tear. Glad he proved me wrong. He looked very good and he's right back in the mix.

Good strategy from JDS. He didn't get overly excited and just took advantage of the openings that Rothwell gave him, which were A LOT. Solid fight and nice win for JDS.

But hey, Rothwell deserved a title shot more than Stipe, right @Diggem ?

Lol completely outclassed

Wow smart fight by Junior congrats to him. Those body shots paid off, surprised Rothwells leg kicks didn't seem to phase Juniors movement at all.

Hell ye Dos Santos stomped that ass do ya stupid little dance now Rothwell

said it from the start Cinderella story would be over for Rothwell in this fight, truth is the guy has been getting nothing but favorable matches as of late from the time he fought a durable striker that won't go in for a takedown i knew he would get rolled

Every matchup besides the top 3 are favorable matchups. The HW division is trash.

JDS with a borefest but his nuthuggers think he's Mohammed Ali now.

Rothwell is the one who didn't do anything, JDS was throwing punches nonstop, Rothwell barely threw anything at all in this fight. I guess Junior should've just stood in front of him though, right? :rolleyes:

Good job JDS

Managed to avoid the Darth Ben clutch for 5 rounds and jab him to death

Back