UFC Fight Night 74: Patrick Cote vs Josh Burkman PBP (Discussion)

Perfect stoppage.

Burkman went for his ankle and got to his knees. Then ate a few more punches and the ref jumped in knowing Burkman wasn't improving.

Not to mention he rolled to guard and was looking at Cote. You could argue if it kept going it would have been acceptable. I'm 100% okay with the stop given the rules (despite losing my bet) but if it had kept going there would have been no problem.

No way, Burkperson had never been KO finished before, give him a chance to survive and make a comeback. Hooray for this ref.
No, this isn't his first offense. Not even the first of the card; he let Cirkunov bash a few more years out of Jolly than was needed.

that was a smart stoppage considering who was fighting you let the guy with an iron chin show it, don't stop it early a la bendo.

Damn right. Gave the fans a good show and let them fighters fight and win decisively.

What a fight. That was a fun one.
Hats off to both Cote and Burkman.

Burkman isn't going anywhere. This was a definite FOTN and Lombard was roided out his skull

Anik gonna ask the same questions as usual lol

Some say early stoppage, other say late stoppage. That means it's a perfect stoppage.

Cote is 17-1 in Canada. The WW is in trouble, so long as Cote fights there.

That was the first time you got dizzy?! You fought Anderson, bruh.

Cote is a beast.

Great fight. I thought the ref should have stopped it after the first few punches when it looked like Burkman was out and not as Josh was actually looking like he was going to be alright.

this, i wouldve been fine with the stoppage if it was like 2-3 seconds after the knockdown. looked like josh was gonna survive when it was stopped though.

Wants Lombard, eh? Would love to see Cote knock his ass out.

No this isn't his first offense. Not even the first of the card; he let Cirkunov bash a few more years out of Jolly than was needed.
I didn't think the Cirkunov/Jolly stoppage was bad. I prefer it to early stoppages. I'd take Jerin Valel over Yves Lavigne any fight.

Back