UFC Fight Night 59: Conor McGregor vs. Dennis Siver PBP (Discussion)

I would say that Holloway has high level striking. And resumes are all good and well, but if that were the only deciding factor, champs would never lose. The ease with which Conor has beaten competition, even if lower level, says a lot about how he will do against higher level. And it probably won't be an easy fight for either guy, but of all of Aldo's opponents, I see Conor having the best chance.

Holloway's striking is decent but it's far from the level of Jose Aldo's. I never said resumes are the only deciding factor, I only said that Conor knocking out guys like Poirier and Siver doesn't tell me he could hang with Aldo. Aldo used to destroy his opponents just as quickly as Conor, the higher the level of competition got for him, the less frequent his finishes came, but he showed that he was the cardio and skills to control and outwork elite fighters for five rounds, with Conor it could go either way. Both of Conor's last two opponents caught him cleanly at times and Siver knocked him down with leg kick counters a few times. He leaves holes that Jose could capitalize on.

Lol give this scrub to Jose please

ok, seriously, how is conor supposed to have a chance against aldo? i mean, the hype train is going to fall into oblivion

LOL Siver landing punches

Aldo would kill him

Sherdog delusion

I'm more convinced than ever that Aldo destroys him.

This is worlds different from fighting Aldo

Yea, I see it too. McGregor certainly isn't unbeatable and he's definitely too slow for Aldo.

I can't wait to see Conor's expression change as soon as he eats his first aldo leg kick though. Great performance by him so far tonight

McGregor doesnt know who hes getting in a fight with. Jose is going to maul the fucker

Aldo will eat you and shit you Conor

Jose is going to hospitalize this kid.

Aldo is going to humble him

Oh

Now haters are saying the same exact thing about RDA.

Anyone who claims with complete certainty that RDA or Conor will win or destroy the other guy is a biased moron, same with those Aldo comments above and if they're so sure they should put their life savings on it. This fight is way too close to call

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity"

Back