• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC Fight Night 187: Edwards vs. Muhammad - PBP Discussion: 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gonna be another year before Leon sniffs a title shot. What a dumb mistake.

Imagine being the UFC and not doing anything about gloves which automatically stretch your fingers out, unless you're pro-actively making a fist.

Fuck that absolutely retarded shit.
Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous. They've given so much lip service over the years but never did shit! They own the rights to Pride. Eye pokes were NEVER an issue in Pride. Just take Pride gloves and rebrand them as UFC. Problem solved.

It's unfortunate because it was clearly a mistake

How was it clear that it was a mistake? He was consistently putting his fingers forward outstretched toward Belal's face. He was even warned to stop doing it.

The issue you have is do you punsih people massively to completely stop this issue because at the moment fouls almost get rewarded with warnings or at worst a NC. Guarantee if all eye pokes led to a DQ or 2 point deduction, eye pokes would leave the sport within 2 years.

I'm less a fan of draconian punishments than I am of consistent punishment. After a warning, the next eye poke is a point deduction. I think it would clear up the worst of the problem. Most point deductions I've seen are on the third poke, which is silly imo. Should be any poke after a warning loses a point, even if it is the first poke.

Also, it's past time to use Pride style gloves. UFC owns Pride now, so no need to be stubborn about it. The UFC gloves are inferior.

It was an eye poke that raked across the eye because he stepped into it, his eye was basically swollen shut.

You cant let a guy continue when his eye is visibly swollen shut, which Herb seemed like he was ready to do.
I wasn't saying the stoppage was unwarranted, I was asking a question because the initial replay wasn't clear to me.

That said, if a knuckle did the damage, which is 100% possible (not saying it happened here), than Edward should be given the win.

This has only been a legitimate issue for like 20 years dana, take your time on that new glove k

Colby's honestly in the best position for an Usman fight right now and even that's not a good one. Number 1 contender, but already lost recently and decisively. His "work back" to the shot was just beating Tyron, which is nice for the ranking, but AWFUL in the context of Tyron's momentum. Colby vs Leon would end any disputes for a title shot, but that's gonna have a wait to it. They gotta try to book it RIGHT NOW.

Wonderboy is the most interesting challenger, but man these top fighters REALLY should be going through each other to get to the title. I think he needs another win, not just for the sake of building back up his momentum and rankings, but also to get him more work against higher level guys cuz he needs to get his rhythm against the kinda fighter Usman is.
I respect that maybe wonderboy needs another name to earn it, but IF he doesn't already know Usman timing he never will. He's only going to be older and potentially declined not better the longer it takes him to get a shot.

leon-edwards-of-jamaica-kicks-bulal-muhammad-in-a-welterweight-fight-picture-id1306940335

I don't watch mma for a TIE I watch it for the competition and fighting spirit. If I wanted to watch a tie i'd be watching soccer. @WuDi

How was it clear that it was a mistake? He was consistently putting his fingers forward outstretched toward Belal's face. He was even warned to stop doing it.

I'm less a fan of draconian punishments than I am of consistent punishment. After a warning, the next eye poke is a point deduction. I think it would clear up the worst of the problem. Most point deductions I've seen are on the third poke, which is silly imo. Should be any poke after a warning loses a point, even if it is the first poke.

Also, it's past time to use Pride style gloves. UFC owns Pride now, so no need to be stubborn about it. The UFC gloves are inferior.
^^^^^^^Quality post right here

Preach
giphy.gif

So what ever happened to those fool-proof Gloves that prevented Eye Poking from being possible?

It is what it is. Onwards.

Finishing the night with some boxing...

Take care everyone! Have a nice Sunday! Til the next UFC

Yeah I take that back. I thought he was trying to milk it after what happened at the last UFC. I just saw the poke and then him crying. I didn't realize how bad it was, I didn't see his eye. That was a bad injury, I hope his eye doesn't become another Koscheck or Bisping.
Glad you came to your senses.

That was "oh fuck, I think I might be blind" type of crying, and the dumbass doctor didn't do shit to ease his concern or or offer any medical care on the spot. Scrub doctor is scrub.

Colby Covington step up and be a fighter and take the fight you were 1st offered, teach Edwards a lesson. (As if)

Yeah I take that back. I thought he was trying to milk it after what happened at the last UFC. I just saw the poke and then him crying. I didn't realize how bad it was, I didn't see his eye. That was a bad injury, I hope his eye doesn't become another Koscheck or Bisping.

Or a fighter named Cody Stevens — he lost an eye from an eye poke. The term "degloved" still sends shivers of fear through me.

Back