UFC Fight Night 147: Till vs. Masvidal

I think +125 Grundy is still a super sweet line... Nad is so underwhelming in his UFC outings, definitely a dog or pass situation for me. I can't trust my money to a man named Nad, lol.
All Grundy his in his favour is wrestling, significant for sure but Nads been at TAM for 2 years to improve his wrestling and wasn't exactly bad before that anyway. I took Grundy at around +200 and as a solid dog sure but pass now imo.

All Grundy his in his favour is wrestling, significant for sure but Nads been at TAM for 2 years to improve his wrestling and wasn't exactly bad before that anyway. I took Grundy at around +200 and as a solid dog sure but pass now imo.

All he has is his wrestling? His sub game looks pretty competent to me as well, and he's got a huge squeeze on his staple head and arm choke.

Grundy is a great play at good dog odds but now that the line has come together I gotta look at Nad (LOL). He's the better overall mma fighter and well...there isnt a gulf per se but there is a gap in skill level between commonwealth bronze medalists and division 1 collegiate wrestlers whom Nad is working with. Been sparring with relentless dudes like my boy Darren Elkins and cardio machines like Clay Guida.

Grundy has been wrestling since he was a kid, competed in numerous competitions besides the the Commonwealth games. And he’s from Wigan. If we’re talking just wrestling, a few years at Team Alpha Male doesn’t compare. Whether Narimani being better overall is gonna make a difference is the gamble.

Grundy has been wrestling since he was a kid, competed in numerous competitions besides the the Commonwealth games. And he’s from Wigan. If we’re talking just wrestling, a few years at Team Alpha Male doesn’t compare. Whether Narimani being better overall is gonna make a difference is the gamble.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nad taken down, controlled, and then choked out. Grundy already has a few nice wins on his resume and I think Nad's resume and game is in general are flattering because of weak opposition and taking on 135 lbers in his UFC bouts. He's never faced a strong wrestler like Grundy.

Also saw on the Draftking podcast them taking the piss out of the Commonwealth Games. The winner of that, who beat Qatar Abbas, who beat Grundy, was Sushil Kumar who is legit. Bronze in Beijing Olympics, silver in London Olympics.

That would be more than true if this was a wrestling match but as you know it isnt it's an mma fight. Wrestling is a lot different with you have a fence to work with. TAM has many great wrestlers that can strategize on how to use movement and the fence to avoid being taken down or practicing techniques that can thwart the style that Grundy fights with.

Narimani looks like the more complete fighter in my eyes but he did face two guys making their debut in his two UFC fights and although scoring unan decisions over both fighters - both fights were grinding affairs. He hasn't looked sensational by any means whatsoever and i'm expecting this fight to be determined by a cunt hair. Probably going with FGTD + another lock for a two man parlay.

Narimani looks like the more complete fighter in my eyes but he did face two guys making their debut in his two UFC fights and although scoring unan decisions over both fighters - both fights were grinding affairs. He hasn't looked sensational by any means whatsoever and i'm expecting this fight to be determined by a cunt hair. Probably going with FGTD + another lock for a two man parlay.

Lol my dad always uses that saying when we golf. Another that he likes to use is "that doesn't whack me off" if he doesn't like something. I try to incorporate these sayings into my life now.

UKer's in the forum, if from Bristol or Wigan, which way would a cunt hair blow in the eyes of the judges?

When you can wrestle fuck, your striking doesn't have to be up to par. It's the great nullifer.

After watching Grundy's entire career this past week I'm going to go out on a limb and vouch him being a damn good wrestler. Quite large at the weight as well, and his chokes are sick.

I was trying to get some talk going with you dumbasses about Rinaldi and how good he's looked at 145, and now he's narrowed all the way to +115... I believe there was even more movement on this bout than the Grundy one, which itself saw a significant swing.

To anyone that missed the line is salty about it, you can kiss my ass. I was posting tape of the guy on here days ago and not a peep out of anyone. It's like no one else wants to make a few fucking bucks even if someone else is the one doing the research and tape. <45>:rolleyes:

Edit - Down to +105 at plenty of books, actually.

Very happy with the line movement, pulled the Trigger on Allen -125. Rinaldi +2xx was definitely the right side, but outside of pure wrestling, he holds no advantages IMO. Essentially betting on him grinding out Allen AND getting rewarded for it in London. Allen no doubt is the more potent finisher, better striker, and more likely to show significant improvements.

Very happy with the line movement, pulled the Trigger on Allen -125. Rinaldi +2xx was definitely the right side, but outside of pure wrestling, he holds no advantages IMO. Essentially betting on him grinding out Allen AND getting rewarded for it in London. Allen no doubt is the more potent finisher, better striker, and bigger sub threat.

Don't see how they're going to be giving rounds to Allen when Rinaldi is controlling his back and threatening with a RNC for extended periods of time. He looked like a different guy at 145 last time out relative to when he fought Abel at 155.

Don't see how they're going to be giving rounds to Allen when Rinaldi is controlling his back and threatening with a RNC for extended periods of time. He looked like a different guy at 145 last time out relative to when he fought Abel at 155.

I have never wrestled in my life and would bet top dollar Knight lets me take him down so he can play his stupid fucking rubber guard game. I cashed on Rinaldi there as all he had to do was wrestle and be mindful of Knight's guard game.

Allen has already beat better wrestlers/grapplers than Rinaldi in Omer (when he was 22 years old, which is crazy), Mak (prob same level as Rinaldi), and Mads (who I rate quite a bit more than Rinaldi)

I have never wrestled in my life and would bet top dollar Knight lets me take him down so he can play his stupid fucking rubber guard game. I cashed on Rinaldi there as all he had to do was wrestle and be mindful of Knight's guard game.

Allen has already beat better wrestlers/grapplers than Rinaldi in Omer (when he was 22 years old, which is crazy), Mak (prob same level as Rinaldi), and Mads (who I rate quite a bit more than Rinaldi)

Eh, I believe the line movement is indicative of an extremely close fight that actually favors Rinaldi. Multiple wins from Allen are of the hail mary come from behind variety when he was down in fights, being throughly outwrestled in... I think the day comes he just gets hung out to dry for three rounds and he can't pull a rabbit out of his ass.

Also 100% agree with everyone saying Ian is a savage and is mentally stronger than Breese, but I have to go with the skills here. Breese has nice range management on the feet and a stiff 1-2 puncuated by a piston of a straight left. I think he feeds Ian that all day on the feet and scrambles effectively enough on the mat to either take a dec or catch Ian coming in on a poor entry to hurt and finish him.

Eh, I believe the line movement is indicative of an extremely close fight that actually favors Rinaldi. Multiple wins from Allen are of the hail mary come from behind variety when he was down in fights, being throughly outwrestled in... I think the day comes he just gets hung out to dry for three rounds and he can't pull a rabbit out of his ass.

Still only 25 and at Tristar, surely improving his tdd along with the rest of his game. He decisioned Mak so no rabbit needed there. Like I said Omer and Mads are better grapplers than Jordan, so if he can catch them on the mat, I am sure he can catch Jordan too. Line movement doesn't mean shit for the most part. Seems like a classic value spot at opener (+2xx) then a bunch of people latch on and continue to bet it down. It has now gotten to the point where the value has flipped IMO, still doens't mean it isn't a close fight. I would cap Allen around -160 or so.

Cockadoodle - You bet Volkan, where you see his chance?
Its mostly just degen behavior, i like long odds.
This bet goes into the category of punchers chance. Both fighters come out of the gates for a finish so there will be openings early. Reyes has looked really good but I think there is still a bit of hype in his price, and a bit of anti hype in Volkans price after gassing to Smith. I expect Volkan to come out trying to back Reyes to the cage swinging, it will be interesting to see Reyes tactics early whether he trades (only been out of r1 twice) or plays it smart and waits for Volkan to slow down, perhaps even initiating wrestling to tire him. I think Volkan can definately test Reyes chin and blast him out on the other hand Reyes is a class fighter and can do the same.

I am expecting that if Volkan blows his load in r1 there will be the opportunity for me to live bet hedge at decent odds.

Can Volkan win the fight 1 in 3 times, yea i think so and im willing to take the chance

Back